The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » My ITR is empty, Help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Robd7
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Robd7
I got a micro ITR for Christmas and, sadly, now it is empty. Is it possible to strip some thread and re-spool it, or do I need to order a cartridge for it?

Thanks
Derek Dean
View Profile
Regular user
Monterey, CA
129 Posts

Profile of Derek Dean
Howdy, aren't ITRs great? I know I love mine. Yes it is possibe to strip thread and re-spool it. Jon LeClair's video "Who's Afraid of Invisible Thread" and Michael Ammar's "Easy to Master Thread Miracles" are two very good tutorials on the subject ( I have both ). Personally I just re-order the spools already filled with thread. It costs more but saves me the hassel of trying to deal with something I can't even see, ha. The choice is yours. Happy floating.
tgroenjes
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of tgroenjes
WOW! Christmas as only a month away. Your ITR is already gone? You must have broken it a lot trying to get it to work for you. I have had one for years that I have never had to re-spool it. I also do a lot of IT stuff with some 'string' that I got in Australia. It's GREAT stuff. You could always get some (if you don't know the name of it, PM me and I'll tell ya) and pull a LONG section to re-spool your ITR.
Marc Woods
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
147 Posts

Profile of Marc Woods
You know I have had the same problem with my Boss ITR also a gift for christmas!

I'll tell you how to fix it but you need a lot lot lot of patience (fortunately I have Smile )

Buy a card with a bunsh of IT's and maybe some putty for the end of the IT.

Put four nails in a piece of wood in this figure:

----------------------------
||
|. . |
|. . |
||
----------------------------

The dots are the nails Smile and then put the spool in the middle while the elastic band is on the nails (I hope you understand)!

Then put the begin of the string around the spool and make a little knot, I know it's hard but it is possible!
Then start to roll the thread on the spool and when the elastic band is wounded up very much you get from the nails unwind the band and put it back on the nails, do the same on the other side of the spool and start rolling again.

I know it will take a lot lot of time but you'll be happy when you know how to do it.
So am I Smile

Kind regards,
Marc Woods...
Holland
MiNDHACKER / goochelaar
https://www.marcwoods.nl
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
My thread broke when I was trying to use it and I can't properly get the elastic how it was so the thread isn't coming abck all the way in
can anyone teach me how to redo it (i have a full spool and everything its a matter of putting it in right)
PLEASE HELP!
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Just let it retract all the way in and let the elastic unwind back to neutral. Then pull the end out (the manual suggests sucking on the hole, it'll pull the loose end through). There's always the risk of losing the end back into the reel, it's just something you'll have to deal with. You need some tension. If it's too slack, you won't have enough tension to retract the IT.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
I got it through the hole, I just cant get it to retract well
you may have just answered my question, but I don't understand
this is my first time to use an ITR so I have no idea what to do
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
If it hangs out an inch or so, the tension is too loose. Wad up some more thread into the wax ball, or if you have to, break off a few inches and reattach it to the wax. This will help by adding some preloading tension to the elastic.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
Where can you buy refills for the ITR from Sorcery Magic?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I'm not sure, but I think you just answered your own question.
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
Ive checked their website and I didn't see any. I'm sure there has to be refills out there.The elastic broke and so I just have the tube.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just go to http://sorcery.safeshopper.com/202/110.htm?637 they have video on how to repair the ITR and videos on routines.

It is easy to repair when you know how. They may even supply more thread for you.

I know http://www.stoners.com has one repair video left. This is a VHS tape. You have to email them for the price and details.
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
Is there a place to buy actual refills, like the thread on the little tube with the elastic on it?
EndlessWonders
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of EndlessWonders
Yigal Mesika has some great products on his website, one is just thread. It comes in a sealed spool, kinda like dental floss, this is the best I have seen thus far just wrap around your itr and spin on all the tread you need, the place back in your reel and pull out some string until you get your tension correct. hope this helps..

http://www.yigalmesika.com
Chris Hickmott

"Cross Into Another Dimension"
www.endlesswonderproductions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » My ITR is empty, Help! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL