The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » VanBurch's Chimp Guy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicTony
View Profile
New user
Kenosha, WI
25 Posts

Profile of MagicTony
Hi, all. Do any of you remember the name of the chimpanzee trainer that used to work on Kirby VanBurch's show in Branson? I seem to remember that he got in trouble for animal cruelty (or something of that nature) before he left the show. I can't seem to find any references to him on the internet, though.

Thanks!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
ARe you talking about bobby Barosini? He had orangutans but I didn't know he worked with Kirby?
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Never heard of him.....the accusation wouldn't surprise me and many undercover shows on animal trainers often expose animal cruelty. Too sad!!
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes, the undercover exposes are misplaced many times. As some one who trained cattle in 4-H, which granted is not the same as an elephant or chimp, you have to be tough sometimes.

Chimps are not only very intelligent but clever and devious. They will wait until the moment is right to attack you.

Most Animal Rights nuts are just that. People who make their living with these animals do not abuse them. Sure there are isolated incidents but the same is with child abuse by a parents. And the Hollywood stars who yell the loudest are probably the very ones who are employing immigrant workers and maids at very low wages.

Sorry....soapbox removed here.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Hugmagic I could not agree with you more. I know a couple of people who are animal handlers Or had been. As you said you have to be (As it would appear tough) On these animals. To the untrained it may seem like abuse but it is far from it.
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
Chimps are not meant to be keps as pets or entertainers.

It's abuse.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
What about dogs, cats , birds....to include those beautiful white things magi cause to mysteriously appear out of thin air?
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
Chimps are meant to live in their natural habitats. Dogs and cats have been bred to be cats.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello MagicTony:

I remember Berosini and Van Burch doing a short lived act in Branson. Berosini was secretly video-taped beating his orangutans night after night with a metal rod, among other things. His Orangutans were all taken away from him, and he's lost a series of court battles with PETA, who were the ones to expose him.

You can find much information about him if you do a search at http://www.peta.com

I haven't seen or heard of him in years, but hopefully he is dead or has a terminal illness - he is truely a waste of skin and oxygen.

Ron
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
<< Dogs and cats have been bred to be cats. >>
I thought dogs were dogs, but nevermind.

Matt
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
Typo: I meant to say that dogs and cats have been bred over years to be pets.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » VanBurch's Chimp Guy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL