The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Andrew Maynes Spector Cabnet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicmatt1982
View Profile
Loyal user
Southeren IL
295 Posts

Profile of Magicmatt1982
I have the spector Cabnet and use for ever show I do. I am just wanting to see your thoughts on it. Does anyone have it and use tell me your thoughts.
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
I've used it once. I had to jump through hoops to make sure the backdrop and lighting were just right.

It killed though!!

S. Patrick
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
I have it the book, but have not built it. I typically perform in more of a parlor setup, where my angles are not that great. This is truly a stage effect, from what I can see. Has anyone had any experience with it OTHER than on a stage?
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
This is definitely NOT an effect for everyone. It does require good angles, excellent lighting and some distance from the audience. In other words, it is a true stage effect. I reviewed the plans several months back and immediately decided not to build it. The decision was simply based on the fact that I would not have the opportunity to perform it in the proper conditions very often. I would recommend a more traditional shadow box instead.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
Not threadjacking here, but wondering what the normal shipping time for Mayne products are if you buy them direct from his website through the "paypal store" option. I've ordered Spectre Cabinet, and would like to see it sometime soon.
petersd
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of petersd
A couple of days is what it took to receive the products that I bought from him. It's probably sitting in your mailbox right now.

Dave
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Charles, LA
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
Great Illusion.....I just performed it last saturday for my IBM ring's annual fundraiser show. Angles are important to watch for and I had to work with the lighting people for a while to tweak it. When I get a copy of the performance I will try to put a clip online.
taddo
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of taddo
I am very interested in this illusion to perform at school shows. I understand distance and lighting is key. Distance is fine for me but I cannot guranntee what lighting I will have at every school. Assuming it is on stage with basic lighting, do think this illusion will be appropriate?
thanks

taddo
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
And although one aspect of the specter cabinet makes it not so dependant on perfect lighting, your answer all depends on your definition of "basic lighting."

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
MagicTim,

do you have the trailer for everybody to see?

Cheers,
Jarod
It's not the Trick. It's the Magician!

Harry Houdini
AnthonyMaze
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego, Ca
260 Posts

Profile of AnthonyMaze
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSWxhc4QUBU

there you go Jarod.

If anyone wants this book, I have it and will sell it for 9 bucks plus $2 for shipping anywhere in the US... Smile
...for the 51st time... that is NOT my card...
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
I just found out that this vid was removed from the owner :-(
It's not the Trick. It's the Magician!

Harry Houdini
Dave Gerin
View Profile
New user
New York/Daytona Beach
55 Posts

Profile of Dave Gerin
I found with mine if you use a thick canvas on the sides it works better
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Andrew Maynes Spector Cabnet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL