The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Unseen Forces? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

phillykish
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of phillykish
Who can provide a review of "Unseen Forces" DVD? It looks intriguing, but I'd like to get a second (or third) opinion.

Thanks in advance.

-Kish
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
If the DVD intrigues you then buy it. You do not need any opinion.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I have seen it. It includes some simple effects using Finn Jon's loops.

The Jumping Pen: A pen sitting on the table suddenly jumps into the air.

PK Touch: The performer merely passes his hands near the spectator's arms and he can feel the performer's energy against his skin.

Mystic Matches: The same effect as in Jumping Pen but with three matches. I think this effect ismore shocking than the one with the pen, because of the three matches falling all over the table.

Straw Bend: A straw held by the spectator bends in full view and back again.

Rising Card: A chosen card rises out of the deck.

Tip Over Bottle: An empty plastic bottle is caused to tip over without touching it.

Ghost Pen: A pen starts writing by itself on a notepad. [I don't think this one looks that realistic.]

Lemon Wedge: A piece of lemon is floated from one tray to the other.

Floating Bottle: [this one really caught me off guard] A Guiness bottle is made to float in mid-air. From a little distance this is a great illusion of a bottle floating.

Moving Knife: A knife sitting on a table is caused to turn around.

Overall it's a good DVD with simple effects which can be performed almost immediately. I am sure one is able to find a few things to use in here.

Hope this helps.
Yours,

Ivan
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
You can get a good deal on this DVD along with a good supply of loops on EBay. The loops are not the ones sold by Yigal Mesika but they're not bad, especially for practice. I got 50 loops and the DVD for a total of about $19 (includes S&H). One pack of 5 loops by Yigal costs about $10.

The instruction on this DVD is all visual. It doesn't compare as well as the instruction on the Losander or Finn Jonn DVD's but, like I said before, you can't beat it for the price on EBay.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
implicit
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of implicit
I'm not sure it's worth the money. Maybe $5 would be worth it.
phillykish
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of phillykish
Everyone!

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

-Kish
daz222
View Profile
Elite user
Wales
439 Posts

Profile of daz222
I'm sorry for the late responce, but I have got this about a week ago and this is my first go with loops, well, how bad is that dvd? in some tricks (in fact almost all of them) you can actually SEE the loops! And no wonder, because under any lighting except dimly lit you can see them in practise! I am not happey with this purchase but it is good for the amount of loops you get for practise, and the pk touch is the worst, every time I have that apart from once, they have guessed it is some 'string' so now I only perform this in the dark room in college! lol, oh well learn by your mistakes I guess! again, sorry if anyone liked this but tell me how it is worth the money and I may think a little harder but for now, back of 'that' draw I think! daz
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Like I previously said, I got 50 loops and the DVD for cheap. The quality is not the greatest but for practice I would rather have these break on me when trying out things several times and then practice with the ones sold by Yigal Mesika or Finn Jon --- and definitely use the latter ones in actual performance.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
daz222
View Profile
Elite user
Wales
439 Posts

Profile of daz222
Lol, yes definitely use others in performance! for pratise yes, but then again, why not use what they used on the video for practise!!! daz
threadz
View Profile
New user
TN.
37 Posts

Profile of threadz
I use them and never had a problem with them with any flat black elastic you have to watch lighting and you don't have to do them in the dark.I use them in restaurant work several times with no problems.As fare as comparing them to miracle thread and Yigal Mesika loops to me I did not see a difference in the three.But I do prefer the miracle thread because I can make different size loops and different thread set up for different situations.Just my opinion though.
www.xtrememagicshop.com

where the magic is limited only by your Imagination!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Unseen Forces? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL