The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Magic Then A Sermon- Ideas Please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
I will be doing magic before sermons for the youth group at my church. It is middle school and high school. I am planning on doing a trick or two and then the youth minister will do his sermon. I want my tricks to tie in with the lesson somehow. The patter doesn't have to do with God or anything, the youth minister will include what I did with his sermon.
I have listed below the main ideas for the sermons. If you know of any tricks I could do with for them, please list them!

1. God loved us when we were His enemies, and as we grow closer to Him, we learn to love our enemies as well.
2. Jesus calls us beyond lust to a Godly love for others.
3. Pure hearts suffer and cry out for God; they don't revert to violent anger.
4. Pure mouths speak words of life instead of words that kill.
5. Purity means that God made us for more than sex.
6. God doesn't want us to make empty promises; he wants up to live and act in love

This is it for a couple weeks. I will have more coming soon.
Thanks for your help,
Tyler
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Tyler, it seems like you've got some toughies. I'm having trouble thinking of much for any of them. My only idea so far is that, for 3-5, you should teach by bad example. Show what happens when somebody does resort to violent anger or word that kill. Perhaps a red hear turned black? Other than that, I can't really think of anything.

I'll think about it for a little bit...
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
For number one - 20th Century Silks. The vanish of the center silk (white if you can get it) shows how G-d was pushed out of our lives. When the white silk reappears between the other two, you show how G-d links us all yogether.

2) No idea

3) Torn and restored anything, like a newspaper. Violence never really works and G-d's Love reunites.

4) Mouth coil - produce a dove from the piled up coil.

5) No idea that would play to that audience.

Hope these help! If so, not too bad for a Pagan boy like me! Truth works regardless of where it comes from. If, by your teaching, you can bring these kids to a good and moral life, good on you!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
Thanks a lot. I am going to work on this. Any more suggestions guys?
-Tyler

Just a question Lee, why do you type G-d for God?

Update: Feb 11 2005

I am working on finalizing some of the routines. Any more ideas guys? I know your all smart enough to help me out.
-Tyler

Update: Feb 17 2005

I updated it. I added number 6. Any ideas?
-Tyler
Wells34
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Wells34
Think its cool that Lee Darrow put in the time and effort to help.
His ideas are really good too.
Some to consider:
Snow powder for #5
Slush powder for #6
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Number 6 - Hydrostatic Glass. Gravity is supposed to work, but, like an empty promise, it isn't. God wants out love to come pouring out as the water then does out of the glass.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Magic Then A Sermon- Ideas Please (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL