The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Vanishing Torch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
Anyone know what the diffrence is between these to products? It looks like one may be longer.. is that the only diffrence?

Vanishing Torch - $30
http://daytonamagic.net/customer/index.c......tId=6539

Classic Vanishing Torch - $14
http://daytonamagic.net/customer/index.c......tId=8660
NitroMagic
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of NitroMagic
I would suggest a phone call to daytona magic.
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
You can't always go by looks, but the top one looks bigger. This is a good trick though.
-Tyler
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Can someone who owns one give a quick review please? Thanks!
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I have one. It is the larger one, very much like the one in the first link.

It is a bit touchey to use, in that as the "torch" vanishes it must go somewhere to be snuffed out. And that "somewhere" is not much bigger than the torch so it can hang up while disappearing. PM me for more details.

Frankly, it also seems a bit anti climactic to walk onto stage with a lit torch, just to vanish it. I bought one before I knew about the Inviso Torch, and it has never been performed due to a concern over the vanish, and having a better way o accomlish the fire with Inviso Torch.

I prefer walking out with empty hands, pick up an ordinary object and then fire a blast from a Inviso Torch, having the "item vanish in the flame", and immediatley being clean again. It is much bigger surprise to the audience.

But hey, if you have a good place for a lit torch that vanishes, it is OK. Just not the greatest...

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
I would agree in general with what BroGeneral has said. I think it really depends on what your trying to do. Since posting this I have purchased two of the larger ones. There is a specific reason why I need them and they work perfectly for my routine. If you do have an interest in vanishing torches and are concidering one of those above, go for the larger one. So far I have not really had a problem with them hanging up but I could see where someone might.
daz222
View Profile
Elite user
Wales
439 Posts

Profile of daz222
I live in the uk and I have just purchased one of these off ebay, for nearly £15! before I saw this link! I will be using it with an appearing fantasio candle, when I hold the torch, I will pass it to my left from my right and in my left hand the candle will appear, just a littl after the torch has gone, hoping that the candle will provide enough misdirection for the torch to be dropped.

I am also thinking of using the item, 'little smoke' with these items, any ideas? thanks, daz

(by the way it is the larger one that I will have, BroDavid, ive PM'd)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Vanishing Torch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL