The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Green Magic False Shuffle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MichelAsselin
View Profile
Veteran user
20th century, 3rd dimension
326 Posts

Profile of MichelAsselin
Quote:

...He is also funny and entertaining as a card magician and that´s rare I think.
Most card workers I have seen is boring as persona.

I met Lennart. He is a nice, really approachable guy, who is passionate about magic and so generous. But mostly, he is what the quote says: an entertaining, magical guy.
" , ? ; !!! "
- Marcel Marceau, Feb 30, 1945.
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
440 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
Has anyone heard his "Happy Birthday Shuffle?" Thats right, heard not seen. He performed this at Blackpool to everyones amusement. During the false shuffle, as the cards are peeled off in groups you can hear the Happy Birthday tune e.g. 322-3-22=happy birthday to you, geddit?
So much to do. So little time.
Euan
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Euan
A musician aswell eh? Do the mans talents ever cease? Smile

Euan
Michael T
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Michael T
He actually is a musician, he plays the violyn! will A1 be producing the video on his shuffles?
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
440 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
Try it out, follow the above, two shuffles and the deck is back in original order.
So much to do. So little time.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Yes, I like the happy birthday shuffle. it is a good idea. I don't use it but I should.

I also like the psychology behind his shuffle where you split the deck put both halves down and twist them (making a mess of each) before pushing the halves together.

Believe it or not, it's a full deck, blind shuffle and he states that it is the least suspicious of all shuffles because the spectataors see such a mess.

It goes something like this...

Riffle/waterfall shuffle requires 7 shuffles to satisfy the spectator.

Some other shuffle (might be overhand shuffle) takes 3 shuffles.

This mixed up shuffle (sorry, don't know the name) just takes one.

Don't quote me on the numbers here, but the idea is that the blind shuffle is
completely satisfying to the spectator.

You can even have the spectators push the piles together and square them up.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Vernest
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Vernest
There was another post asking about his shuffle. I heard he calls it the angle riffle shuffle. I must say I'm scared that it's the same method as my shuffle. I saw the shuffle, and saw mine...they both look the same. They both seem to strip at one point. The waving on Lennarts is...rough; it sounds weird. Mine doesn't; mine is smooth and well, just smooth. That's what throws me off. I hope he puts it into his video so I can check it and see. Isn't Lennart great? His technique is flawless! Although angle sensitive on ocassions, it still does dirty work without even magicians noticing it! It is the thickness of his hands and posture that cover the way he makes diagonal palms when he stands or deals. The man is genius. He is lucky who gets to see his lecture or see him yearly!

Vernest
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Green Magic False Shuffle (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL