The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » PLease Help!! Fakini Balls Slipping!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Any suggestions on the best thing to use to make hands dry??

Thank you very much!!!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Mehron Colorset Powder mixed with rubbing alcohol (about 1 TBSP powder to 6 oz of alcohol) Shake well, as it separates quickly. Just a few drops rubbed into your palms and between the fingers (critical contact points). I used it for years to good results. I have the opposite problem now...
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
Also, Norm Neilsen offers a Manipulator's Hand Lotion. I have used it a few times with good results. Provides the proper amount of tack.

Magically yours,

Matt Kielbiski
Quick Change Artist
LarryTaylor
View Profile
New user
Miamisburg Ohio
72 Posts

Profile of LarryTaylor
If the balls are slipping they might need a washing, Fakini balls get that way as they are made of silicone, a baby whipe type wash cloth will clean them up and give them that rubbery tack we all love.Just whipe them and let them dry.
My problem has always been extreemly dry hands, the remedy that works for me is a drop of glycerin followed by a cold rinse and blot dry. This gives me the feel I like for manipulating cards,ball etc.I think the reason I have very dry hands is I wash my hands a lot, so if you want dry hands try washing them a lot.
Magical Entertainer,teacher and creative consultant.
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
Shawn Farquar once told me of a way to avoid sweaty hands - just dip them in ISP Alcohol. It will draw the moisture out of your hands. I've never tries it with the colorset powder - though it is an extra step, it may be worth a try.
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Thanks for the help guys,

Any other suggestions on household items? I heard candlewax works??
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
A lot of the hand sanitizers are alcohol based and come in small containers. Works well, sometimes. I've used Corn Huskers Lotion to give my hands some grip.
BaseballMagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of BaseballMagic
Try placing one or two drops of glycerine in the palm of your hands. Then, rub your hands together and spread the glycerin all over them. It works great to give your hands some extra grip. Just remember not to use too much-one or two drops is sufficient. You can find it at just about any drugstore. It will come in a small, plastic bottle and is found with the hand lotions. Hope this helps!
Michael
Teen Magician Michael Platt
www.magicbymichael.com
Live the Magic!
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Hey thanks guys for the help, I am getting an exchange student a week of my stage competitions, so if I got 1 day to impress it's that one! Thanks again for the help guys, greatly appreciated

Evan
TGENTLE
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, AL
86 Posts

Profile of TGENTLE
Just for the heck of it, you mught try a product called ...ahem...Gorilla Snot. No, I kid you not... there really is such a thing. It is used by musicians to keep things from slipping for them.
I don't own a set of Fakini's so I really can't say how they'd work, but I bet its perfect. Its pretty cheap and usually available at all music stores. The following comes from its own advertisement:

Apply Gorilla Snot sparingly to your fingers or work a small amount into your pick, bow, or drumstick! Gorilla Snot dries in a few seconds, forming a soft tacky surface that is moisture resistant, long lasting, and won't stain clothing or instruments.
While playing, Gorilla Snot maintains an even consistency, but when you've finished, just separate your fingers for 20 or 30 seconds, and it dissolves completely! The gripping reaction is only effective when you activate it. It cannot stain instruments or clothing because it is entirely permeable to open air and dissipates completely.

Hope this helps.

tg
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Unfortunately, I don't have a pet gorilla, can you give me a site for this stuff?
GrahamFishman
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of GrahamFishman
FANNING POWDER! sprinkle alittle bit on your hands and rub it in and your hands will be so dry to the point that they are sticky. It works great for fakini balls!
TGENTLE
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, AL
86 Posts

Profile of TGENTLE
You can find it at musician's friend... Here!

You really should comsider a pet gorilla though.

tg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » PLease Help!! Fakini Balls Slipping!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL