The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Need help with a Large silk effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Freeman
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
20 Posts

Profile of David Freeman
Hi!

My neice is doing an interpretative dance and wants her cape to change from black to white (and maybe back to black then back to white). Any suggestions? I don't think the "Color changing silks" gimmick is the way to go.......but maybe it is!?! Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

David
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
David,

One idea might be to construct a cape on the principle of a flap type changing card. This will only allow one change but it will be fast and easy.

You should be able to figure out how to make this. (Hint: It will take three same size pieces of fabric -- one white, one black and one that will, if seen at all, appear to be the lining of the cape. The flap will probably need to be weighted and will need to be held in the "up" position by some kind of a quick release device -- maybe a sort of rip cord.)

Hope this helps,

Sid

Never mind. I answered this before I saw your other thread on the same subject under "Smooth As Silk."

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
David Freeman
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
20 Posts

Profile of David Freeman
Sid,

Thanks for the advice. I have some concept of what to do, but I'm looking for any and all ideas!

Your idea of putting a weight on the flap is a good idea. Thanks!

David
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
What about making the cape with the principle of "Polka dot Silk" ?
it may be a noval one. Just an idea...
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Need help with a Large silk effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL