The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Eye To Eye (info) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gerry
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of gerry
If any of you guys and girls are thinking of buying Eye to Eye I would suggest you read an excellent review by Bryan Dean at his site.
http://www.magictalk.com Smile
promethee
View Profile
Regular user
France
125 Posts

Profile of promethee
Smile , interesting review
La fleur de l'illusion produit le fruit de la realite.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
lol. It's always a big mistake to send a mental effect to a magician not into mentalism to review.

re;
"but when will you ever get the chance to stick them in there?"

Answer: Before the show.

re:
after the trick or set of tricks, leave to remove them.

Can't see any problem with waiting until after the show.

Didn't people like Malini and Ramsey conceal things in their hands for AGES until the right moment?

Paul.
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
Hi hope, the rewiew that mr. Dean wrote on the Charles Gauci routine call " EYE TO EYE " and is mis-understanding of the real effect..will not affect peoples to get this wonderful routine....

and for the problems with the placement of the gimmick...come on !!!! if your are affraid of this kind of things...please, continue to do the cups and balls....lol

humbly.....

Kuffs
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Deans review seems pretty fair. He even addresses opinions like some of the about with
Quote:
[By the way, I hate it when I give a negative review. The producers of the effect take it personally and insist that I didn't "get it". So, please understand... it's nothing personal.]

Knowing I would have to stick small items that might be difficult to retrieve would really put me off *any* effect, no matter how good. I think it's a valid criticism of the effect.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
I strongly agree with Paul and Kuffs. A magician would likely be better served by changing the ball into a bouquet of flowers, which would be much more magical.

There is a good reason why this elegant effect has aroused so much interest on the part of professional mentalists, and bemused so many magicians (who often don't "get" it, or fail to see why it is such a breakthrough methodology). This is understandable; the subtleties of the countless revisitings of tired card effects are often lost on me, though I don't write negative reviews of them as a consequence (I'm sufficiently humble to recognise the limits of my expertise).

And anyone who knows how the effect works (and who has the original "Eye to Eye" version,) will recognize the bogus nature of the complaint.

... Doug
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Quote:
On 2002-09-22 12:19, ddyment wrote:

And anyone who knows how the effect works (and who has the original "Eye to Eye" version,) will recognize the bogus nature of the ear complaint.

... Doug

So you're saying that you don't have to put small *and perhaps easily lost* items in you to perform this effect?

Isn't it true that this line comes from the instructions?

Quote:
“In the event of having pushed the gimmick too far, place the rounded end of a teaspoon ...”.
No matter how powerful the effect, I would blanch at the possibility of potentially getting something small stuck.,,
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Eye To Eye (info) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL