The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Having fun again after 20 year haitus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Amazing Schmendrick
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of The Amazing Schmendrick
Hi Everybody, My name is Eric and I perform under the name "The Amazing Schmendrick," after leaving the hobby for twenty years (married, kids, overtime, etc.) I found myself drawn back and started to perform again, most of my gear was still usable but I've updated some of it. I love to work with kids, but I'm having a ball doing adult mentalist shows. I love reading "old" books and mags as the info has mostly been forgotten.

If any of you know what a schmendrick is, that describes my some of my routines, nothing works (but everything eventually does) I live in New York state, Long Island area.

My tag line is "Turning Frogs Into Princes Since 1972"
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the forum, Eric. You know, when I think of 'the amazing shmendrick', I think of that old 80's cartoon movie called 'The Last Unicorn.' Ever seen that one? I may have to buy that one on DVD again, just for old times sake!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
momentsofmagic
View Profile
New user
Ontario - Canada
4 Posts

Profile of momentsofmagic
Welcome to the Magic Café! We too took many years off when our children were born in order to avoid dragging them all over the province (ontario). It took some prep-work in order to get back into things, but now 2 years later I am so glad we did! The hardest part for us was learning to do metamorphosis again! I never thought we'd get back down to 3 seconds and it took a couple months to get there (plus some bruises!) but now we love doing it and seeing everone's reaction! Enjoy the Magic!
"Why just perform tricks when you can create Moments Of Magic!" - Alan Moments Of Magic Inc. www.momentsofmagic.com
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi,

I enjoyed reading your introduction and just goes to show you that once bitten by the magic bug it may lay dormant for a while, only to return at a later date.

Welcome to the Café and please don't hesitate to post or ask a question of your own. Have fun!
The Amazing Schmendrick
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of The Amazing Schmendrick
I have gained a bit of weight over the years, so some of the stuff I did back in the day is kinda hard now like the straight jacket escape I used to do, I can't fit into the jacket anymore <lol>.
zippy
View Profile
New user
PA
54 Posts

Profile of zippy
Welcome to the Café. I am sure a lot of us can say the same thing about getting away from magic but once you have the bug you have the bug.
Zippy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Having fun again after 20 year haitus (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL