The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Looking for the problem... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
This has been posted in another section as well, just trying to find what I am looking for.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About a year ago I found a site that had an addition problem that when added up in the way it was printed caused most people to get the wrong answer.

The problem was roughly something like:

Add these numbers from left to right in your head, not in a column on paper- 10 100 1000 10000.

Now, that is not the problem. But it is something like that. I took it to school and shared it with my students, most of whom calculated incorrectly. I have lost the problem, and the web link to the problem.

Thanks for any help with this.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I know exactly the problem you are looking for. The numbers run like; 1010,1100,1001 I believe. I have looked on the net with no avail. I may have it at home somewhere. If I can find it I'll post.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I seem to remember a different set of numbers, but Stan posted one on the other thread that works nicely.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
My buddy Stan found it. It works most of the time. Try it. The link to the numbers is here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Looking for the problem... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL