The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk vanish by spectator's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

awacs
View Profile
New user
SF Bay Area
14 Posts

Profile of awacs
Hey there. I'm planning a 20th centry silks routine for a kid show, and I would like the kids to "do" the magic. (Well, to think they've done the magic). The between-the-silks appearance is easy to handle. The vanish is giving me problems.

If I have to, I'll "place" the silk into a container (envelope, box, or whatever) that the kid can hold, cast a spell upon, and open. It would be cool, though, to have a more direct method. Ideally the audience would see the silk up to the last. Rice and my other sources aren't guiding me here.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Aram
davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
340 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
Use a palmo or stillwell ball and put the silk into a (anything) that the child holds. Ask him/her a time or two if they have felt it go yet, most will say "No", and then you can delay the moment of the revelation of the vanish.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Look up the "Handkerchief Cassette" > silk placed into a tube, helper opens tube at the appropriate moment and it's gone. (...or just roll-up a paper/concealing a p--l and close the ends-after the silk has gone south- and the effect is it vanishes from an innocent paper tube.The tube can even be a rolled-up giant bill with your picture on it...)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk vanish by spectator's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL