The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Chung Ling Soo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Grimm
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Grimm
I'm a little surprised to see that this enigmatic and amazing magician hasn't been mentioned yet. I'm absolutely taken with Chung Ling Soo. What I know of his life reads more like fiction (b/c some of it is) than fact. I'm trying to gather more information on him. Anything that anyone knows would be of use. I already know his real name was William Robinson. I know about his death, parts of his history. Anecdotes, apocrypha, obscure facts, that sort of thing is what I"m hoping for.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Hello Grimm, I suggest you track down the book called 'The riddle of Chung Ling Soo' written by Will Dexter many years ago.
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
Jim Steinmeyer is hard at work on a new book about Soo. You can be sure it will be a great read. I'm not aware publication date as of yet.
toonomads
View Profile
Regular user
Albuquerque, NM, USA
172 Posts

Profile of toonomads
Jim Steinmeyer's book can be found with an Amazon search. It is due out in May and can be pre-ordered.

I agree...One of the great characters in the history of magic.
evanthx
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
197 Posts

Profile of evanthx
Abe Books is a listing of tons of used book stores...they have some interesting books on Robinson.

abebooks.com
CARNEGIE
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of CARNEGIE
Jim's book on Chung Ling Soo is for the general public and should be great. You may also want to check out Todd Karr's The Silence of Chung Ling Soo, A Gift From The Gods (not sure who this is by), Chung Ling Soo-the Man Behind the Legend by Gary Frank & Chung Ling Soo's Mechanists-They Stayed Behind, by Brian McCaullagh and Dr. J. Ernest Aldred and was put out by Mike Caveney's Magic Words.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Chung Ling Soo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL