The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » "Dream" or "Drifting off to sleep" Sound (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BaseballMagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of BaseballMagic
Hey everyone-
I am making some changes to my act, and am adding somw sound effects into my music. At the beginning of my act, I drift off to sleep and begin to dream. Does anyone know where I can download/how I can create that "drifting off to sleep sound" that is used in movies/tv shows, etc. Any input/ideas would be great. Thanks!
Magically,
Michael Platt
Teen Magician Michael Platt
www.magicbymichael.com
Live the Magic!
Damien Steel
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Damien Steel
Hello,
there are some disc in sale with special effects like your's (I think Warner is the editor of one).

Damien
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
For sound FX CD's check out your local library. It is a good resource for all sorts of CDs and is cheaper than buying a CD. Just get the CD and download the sounds you need. Another thing to create the dream sequence sound is to find someone with a sythesizer keyboard. Most modern keyboards would have a ton of different sounds to create what you are looking for.
Good Luck
BaseballMagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of BaseballMagic
Thanks guys-
I am going to go to my local library and see if I can find a sound FX cd. Thanks again!
Michael Platt
www.magicbymichael.com
Live the Magic!
Damien Steel
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Damien Steel
It is a good idea to go to a local library. Thanks!

Damien
Dakota Rose
View Profile
New user
Dakota Rose
100 Posts

Profile of Dakota Rose
Hi Michael,

I've got quite a few sound effects CD's if you would like to borrow. Let me or Larry Taylor know and I can bring them to his magic shop.

I heard you killed them at Magi Fest. Great job.

Talk to you later.

Dakota Rose
Dream things that never were and say, "Why not."

Junior Editor Linking Ring - Youth Forum

www.dakotarosemagic.com
CamelotFX
View Profile
Special user
Minnesota
596 Posts

Profile of CamelotFX
Sounddogs.com has over 220,000 downloadable sound effects in every imaginable category, including yours. You can download a preview copy in .MP3 or .WAV format, or purchase them at higher resolution if you need it. I get all of my theatre sound effects from Sounddogs.
BaseballMagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of BaseballMagic
Thanks for all the great tips guys! I checked out sounddogs.com and it has some really cool 'dream' sounds.

Dakota, congratulations on second place in Las Vegas! Thank you for your compliment. That would be awesome to borrow one of your sound effects CDs. Hope to talk to you soon!

Michael Platt
www.magicbymichael.com
Live the Magic!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » "Dream" or "Drifting off to sleep" Sound (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL