The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Sankey strikes back in the FRONT ROW !! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
See for yourself .Read the add from PENGUIN MAGIC :

"Front Row Sankey (DVD) Your chance to see Sankey work for real people.

See Jay like you've NEVER seen him before! Performing a killer collection of 16 BRAND NEW effects for honest-to-goodness LAYPEOPLE in a real-life performance setting! No studio audience! No special camera angles!

Taped live and unrehearsed in the fall of 2004 at Toronto's Mr. Greenjean's Restaurant and Bar, this is an extremely rare opportunity to watch Jay "hit the tables" with his unique, off-the-wall, improvisational style. If you work for real people, this DVD is an absolute MUST!

Witness breathtaking magic and mentalism with playing cards, coins, paper matches, autographs, geometric shapes, flash paper and rubber bands. Then learn as Jay teaches each of these closely-guarded "real world" pet routines with his most in-depth explanations EVER!

Fan Mail: The spectator's and the magician's autographs visually change places!
Full Lotus: An inexplicable exchange of a folded joker and a signed card!
Shake & Bake: The coin production that proves, "Hearing is believing!"
Slow Motion Coins: A "coins across" effect as deliberate as it is deadly!
Not This Card!: Jay's favorite handling of Chris Everhardt's "Chicago Opener!"
Shape of Things to Come: A heartstopping, double-climax mentalist's dream!
Real Magic: Freshly written words melt through a dollar bill!
Hypnotarized: A hypnotized spectator starts seeing some truly weird sh*t!
Litmus Test: A blank card first gains, then loses an identity!
Close Contact: Two spectators, one card, and an astonishing occurance!
Deviant Behavior: Four jokers escape from the pack in a most elegant fashion!
Out of Sight: A deck production combined with a bizarre mental routine!
Vital Signs: Paper matches travel in and out of the spectator's fist!
The Phoenix Effect: Fire + mentalism + a signed card = a reputation maker!
Inseparable: The last word on linking rubber band routines!
One of One: A drawing and a playing card undergo a startling transformation!"

ANY COMMENTS ????
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2005-03-01 16:53, RIVARDJLR wrote:
setting! No studio audience! No special camera angles!

Not This Card!: Jay's favorite handling of Chris Everhardt's "Chicago Opener!"

I think this was a pet effect of Frank not Chris Everhardt.

Did Jim Ryan have the first work on it?
~Joe
Wells34
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Wells34
I kind of like Sankey, but I'm tired of him. Plus in a week he'll probably already have 2nd and 3rd row dvds out. I've just lost interest...
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
I don't lose interest in good material. The person presenting it doesn't matter to me since I don't copy the magicians I learn effects from.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
See my review from earlier this month. I bought the dvd from Jay at the MagiFest. I have a lot of Sankey material but I liked the stuff from this dvd. Very usable magic that spectators will eat up. Fan Mail will be used by at least 75% of the people that buy this dvd. None of the material will fool you as a magician, but spectators will love this stuff. I recommend the dvd.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
By the way, I've heard very good things about his routine "Fan Mail"
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
580 Posts

Profile of Nick23
With the exception of the "very best of" dvd set, you never really see jay sankey perform for real laypeople... and I'm not sure if you can count the L&L audience as real laypeople Smile The rest of his stuff is just performed for the camera.

This might actually be quite good. It will be nice to see how jay acts in the real world and see how lay people react to what some of us consider to be weak tricks.
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
He was demoing this at Blackpool but I only saw half the demo
It looked good to me and the rest of the audience
TJ
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
I bought the DVD and I've watched it right through a couple of times, and all I can say is that I think its great, fanmail is worth the DVDs price alone, also worth looking at is shape of things to come as well as Inseperable

Tom
stevekn
View Profile
New user
UK
44 Posts

Profile of stevekn
Can I ask for those that have this - is the sound distorted on the performance section like mine is?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
My sound is not distorted.

I would agree that Fan Mail is the highlight of the dvd. It takes a method all of us know and have used at one time and turns it on its head. The method is not knew but the application is. The best part is that you end clean. I also highly recommend picking up the tyvek that Jay suggests for the routine. I got the envelopes at Staples. It's a dream to work with and nearly indestructible. I've been using the same piece for nearly 75 performances now and it's still in good shape.
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
The sound is distorted on my copy during the performances, but didn't spoil my enjoyment. It was good to see Jay Sankey performing in front of a live audience.
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
The sound is distorted a little and my disc is not professionally produced in that it looks just liek a writable disc, but for £10 you can't really complain

Tom
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
There are spots where the glare prevents you from seeing what card has been selected or what has been written etc., but this does not in any way detract from the effects. Jay attempts to explain why they chose to use a fish eye lens to shoot the video. (I"m guessing this segment was added after Jay saw what had been shot and noticed the glare. I doubt they really sat and thought about what lens to use).
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Just got mine ( Penguinn delivered in 2 days with free shipping-my kind of place to order!!!).

I'll watch it tonight and report back. lloks like a winner so far!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
jonash1982
View Profile
New user
Canada
59 Posts

Profile of jonash1982
This is an excellent DVD. Fanmail is really awesome, as are most of the effects on the DVD. Full Lotus is REALLY commercial and could be used as an awesome closer. Everything is useable and looks good. I also like the fact that he varied the types of effects so that you can really use a lot of this stuff and it won't seem too similar.
LR2
View Profile
Regular user
Humble, Texas
116 Posts

Profile of LR2
I think this is a great DVD. Also, the sound is not distorted on mine.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I purchased this, and I have to say that Jay rocks! This is killer material. Real world stuff. I LOVE it!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
I'm sure is is great, like the other 7683 products he has out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Sankey strikes back in the FRONT ROW !! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL