The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mnemonica (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
fab1an
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of fab1an
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2017, magicbrady wrote:
I've seen a lot of people posting about how they memorized the stacks, but not many chains on effects that utilize the stacks once learned. Does anybody have any go to favorites that they would like to discuss? I have the stack down now and am starting to venture into using it. Soooooo strong. Really worth the effort.

I have performed my mem deck routine a whole lot recently and it always went really great. Effects performed:

All of a Kind (Tamariz)
Or Not ... ? (DaOrtiz)
Control in Chaos (Tamariz)

It is not a whole lot of effects. However, I have adjusted the effects to my personal needs. For example: In "Or Not" I let another spectator reveal the cards with a second deck, its super strong. In "Control in Chaos" I tell the spectator to sit on a freely chosen card and reveal it via my phone (a picture of them with their card).

I also perform Mnemonicosis a lot. It always kills!
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
I think it depends on how you work and what venues you work etc. If you are doing walk around and tables then you probably don't want material that destroys the stack and you want it to instantly reset in most cases. There is strong stuff that destroys the stack and nothing wrong with that but if you are looking to use for commercial purposes then for me it has to be material that will reset. I use two decks one shuffled and one stacked. Look into Darwin Ortiz and his last two books. Some of the most powerful memdeck stuff that you can do and fully resets and probably the strongest card magic period. Simple stuff you can start with, Remote Control, Test your Luck, Sorcerers Apprentice. I routine those together as it ends with the spectator finding a card they name and then finding your Card.

Simon Aronson has some easy stuff to get you started that resets as well. Two Beginnings and Invisible Card are staples.

Pit Hartlings book is a must for mnemonica and all memdeck workers. I love the weighing the cards plot and his routine is genius. As is all the material in that book.

That should keep you going!
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
magicbrady
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magicbrady
Thanks guys. Great suggestions, I'm researching now and all of this looks strong. One more question for mnemonicosis. I am really enjoying this but have a problem. When they cut short, I have no problem jazzing to the correct location (extra cards are face down). If too deep, however, how do you go backwards? Cards are face up at that point. Does that make sense? Hard to explain.
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
Off the top of my head, maybe use the cut off portion instead of the cut to portion. Then turn the deck face down and their card should be near the top, it's position you know from the cut they made.
MysteroMagic
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of MysteroMagic
Looking for suggestions on the best DVD’s to teach mnemonica based tricks. I’ve already memorized Mnemonica card to number and number to card without hesitation. Now I want to build a routine. I just watched Craig Petty’s 3 mem deck tricks. He doesn’t give enough information in the YouTube video to perform the mem deck tricks, at least to my slow witted mind.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mnemonica (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL