The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » The Prediction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

maji_jun
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of maji_jun
Hey all there is this trick me and my friend have made and we are sending it into penguin or ellusionist. We have sold about 7 so far and we would like to hear your opinions about it
Effect: Maji goes up to a random person and asks them if they would like to try a mental test with them. The spectator will agree and they start. 1st, the magician tells the person that he will put a prediction of a card they will think of. The magician places a card on the table telling the spectator to put their hand on top of it. They do so and the Maji asks to spectator to think of any card as well as to name it out loud. For example, they said the 3 of spades. Now the Maji asks the spectator to tell him what are the chances of my prediction card being your card. They say 1 out of 52. Then the Maji asks the spectator to lift up their hand for the 1st time. Now the Maji says how impossible would this be if this would be your card. The magician then asks again what are the chances for build up. Again they say 1 out of 52 now the magician places the card on the table once again and keeps asking how impossible would this be. Now the spectator will be in so much suspense they will lift the card themselves…revealing their thought of card, the 3 of spades.
lane99
View Profile
Elite user
421 Posts

Profile of lane99
Quote:
On 2005-03-06 17:56, maji_jun wrote:...now the magician places the card on the table once again...

Where did this come from? Up to that point, the card should have already been on the table, just below the spectator's raised hand, no?
One for the Money
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of One for the Money
Quote:
On 2005-03-10 04:21, lane99 wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-03-06 17:56, maji_jun wrote:...now the magician places the card on the table once again...

Where did this come from? Up to that point, the card should have already been on the table, just below the spectator's raised hand, no?

That's how it added up to me.
Pablo Leal
View Profile
Regular user
Chile
187 Posts

Profile of Pablo Leal
It's a good effect, but unfortunaly not entirely new (I mean the effect as you describe it, maybe the method is entirely new). I perform something similar using the "Mnemonica deck", and it appears to be very close to your description. Perhaps your method is better though, I'd have to watch it.

Cheers
"The one that seeks for the truth takes the chance to find it". Isabel Allende

www.magopabloleal.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » The Prediction (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL