The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2005 entrée: David Acer » » Stand-up magic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Hi dave!! I am back!
I have seen your performance 2 years ago in the close up session at blackpool convention. (hope to see you there again!!)
you was hillarious!! one of the best acts I have ever seen!!
my question is, if you were asked to perform for a crowd of more than 200 people, stand up and on stage what effects would you perform? can you please list some routines you are using in your repertoire which can be performed on stage and view them well and play big?
am I asking a lot?
if not!!...then how much time about takes your stand up performance?!?!

thanks David!! (please say hi to my namesake brother of yours!!)
David Acer
View Profile
V.I.P.
177 Posts

Profile of David Acer
Hi Killermagic80, (by the way, it's nice to see someone finally using his real name on these forums)

I actually don't do much magic on stage. There are a few routines I use occasionally in my stand-up comedy act, but only if I'm doing a longer set (i.e. 45-minutes plus), and only one per show.

More often than not, in these cases, I'll do a trick called PARTY OF SIX (from RANDOM ACTS OF MAGIC), in which six people each choose a card, then line up on stage, whereupon someone in the audience chooses a person. The chosen person shows his (or her) chosen card, which proves to match a prediction that was given to another spectator before the trick began.

I also do a trick called MITOSIS every now and then (also from RANDOM ACTS OF MAGIC), in which someone's cell-phone number is accurately divined on stage using a team of helpers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2005 entrée: David Acer » » Stand-up magic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL