The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Williamsons Strike Vanish- Coin In Pencap (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
messy
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of messy
[quote]On 2005-03-07 18:43, GeorgeSantos wrote:
The whole coin purse? or just a purse frame?

Routines with a pen and coin are bits I perform from time to time. I never really saw David Williamson's version. I perform a coin piece with a pen and coin I learned from the routines of David Stone. Although simple, it could be really magical because the concept is so simple that the audience couldn't believe what they see.
[/quote I also just see david stone's version
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2013-03-24 19:51, Mb217 wrote:
Magicfish, the closed hand thing mystre speaks of here is indeed a good way to do this. I used to do it all the time that way with some added magic from a C/S coin. Smile

I'd first fairly show a half dollar and then easily switch it for the C/S coin, ditching the real coin when I took the pen from my pocket to use like a wand...I would then close the silver half in my hand and tap the outside once and it would turn to a copper English Penny. Again, I would close my hand and tap it twice and it would turn back to a silver coin. Finally, I would close the coin in my hand one more time and tap 3 times, Smile and the coin would completely vanish. Smile

I would always tell the adults watching in that this only worked on kids. Smile They would typically smile as though they couldn't be tricked...And like the kids, they always were. Smile

Sounds great, mb, I really like the sound of this. Things happen in threes right?
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes, things happen in "three's" it seems. Smile

Not sure who first did the closed-hand thing but it seems fairly organic to come to it eventually. Think that's sorta how I started doing it pretty much. Don't remember learning it from anyone perse? I could be wrong but if I had to give credit on something like this, I probably would still give it to David Williamson as it is still pretty much the Striking Vanish really, hand open or closed, I would think.

The little action with the C/S coin extends the magic before the vanish, and that's why I began playing around with it. I was trying to extend the "3 taps" a bit by getting some more magic in there besides just the vanish -- the coin changes seemed to work nicely. Smile Also, the coin in the cap thing was something I saw a lot of people doing to some extent and I wanted to go another way. Though at times, I went a bit further and produced the coin from the cap as well. If it came up the English Penny, I would easily change it back to the silver coin by simply closing my hand and opening it again, and done. If it came up the silver coin, I would simply say, "Oh, there you go," Smile and end it there back where we started. Smile *Oh, and you don't really have to switch out the coin, if you know how to flip the coin from hand to hand only showing the silver side, that' works easy enough too. Smile

Try it out, it's a fun little bit, and allows you to build with the 1 tap-change, 2 tap-change, 3 tap & gone! Smile You can still add the reproduction of the coin from the cap as you are in position to do it if you like that classic part of it. Have fun. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Williamsons Strike Vanish- Coin In Pencap (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL