The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Where? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Let's start a new topic that might be of some benefit to performers. Where do you do this stuff? That's a question I get from the students at Sideshow School. Since the natural habitat of this material has all but vanished, what venues have the performers here found welcoming for sideshow material? I'll post my experiences with colleges, corporate and theaters.
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Night clubs, Concerts, Raves, Haunted Houses and fetish balls.

I did do a college with CFCS, but the vibe was odd for me. Bad thing is, although I don't mind doing raves and haunted houses, the promoters are just shady as hell here.
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
I’m luck, I get to perform in a sideshow tent (yep a real tent). A local Halloween attraction (Trail of Terror), added a sideshow tent 6 years ago. The first year we had Spideronie, the Princess (just a head on a sword), Me (eating fire & mind floss), blade box and girl to gorilla. The Second year was the same, but the Princess was a full torso. Years 3-5 I was part of the show (that real job thing) over those years the sideshow became real campy. Year 6 (2004) the sideshow got revamped (or decamped), we had a Swami (doing a bit of Mentalism), Volta the Electric Girl (Thanks to Slim), Me and the girl to gorilla. It was the sideshows best year to date.

I use some sideshow bit to freak out small groups (guerrilla sideshow), blockhead, up close realy curls some people toes.

A local magician uses fire eating as part of his show. And another magician (you know him Todd) has added glass eating to select show.

Gavin D.
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Where? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL