The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » NFW for Beginners? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mikeflex
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of mikeflex
I have seen NFW preformed and love the effect. As a beginner, is this a trick that I would be able to learn or should I wait for a while?
thumbslinger
View Profile
Elite user
This is a good number:
458 Posts

Profile of thumbslinger
Actually, performing it as the instructions say is a good way for practicing a particular move. However, the only reason I can think of that would maybe make this a little more difficult for a beginner is that you must be able to handle audiences because you don't end clean so you need to know how to establish control so that a spectator doesn't reach out and grab the cards.

Surprizingly, that is a little harder than many moves.
Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed and Tommy Emmanuel are all you need to study to learn to play guitar.
Richc98
View Profile
New user
Orange Park, Fl
71 Posts

Profile of Richc98
We sold NFW to some beginners. The only reason I wouldn't sell it, if I knew the would be magician would tip the secret. Otherwise no problems, you have to learn to be bold, but not act it.
U.S. Army Retired Soldier for Life - SFC
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Quote:
On 2005-03-14 00:57, Richc98 wrote:

- you have to learn to be bold, but not act it.

Best advice I'v heard all day!

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
pepijn
View Profile
Regular user
Utrecht (the netherlands)
134 Posts

Profile of pepijn
I am agreeing with that statement, it's a usefull skill to aquire isn't it?
burgerinc
View Profile
Regular user
Sin City
196 Posts

Profile of burgerinc
This was actually the trick that started it all for me. With a little dedication it can definately be mastered by a beginner.
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
Problem with NFW for a newbie is the main sleight - it's not properley explained/easy to understand from the instructions. The sleight itself (Elmsley Count) is one you will use in many effects.
catch you later

Clarioneer
Gallaleo
View Profile
New user
Tucson, AZ
42 Posts

Profile of Gallaleo
I agree, if you don't have any other teachings on the Elmsley Count, then I would not buy this trick. but if you have good knowledge of the EC or have better instruction on it I would say go for it.

-G-
Mitchum
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Mitchum
If you're dedicated and you put in the practice time, anything can be mastered. I don't think NFW is too complicated because I just started magic and I can do it. Like Thumbslinger said, audience control is the most difficult part.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » NFW for Beginners? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL