The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Still more photos on the cups and balls museum web site (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Well, I just got through posting some more pictures on the cups and balls museum web site. http://www.cupsandballsmuseum.com. I'm expecting a couple more sets in the next few days, as well, so check back frequently.

The additions this time are a chop cup that belonged to Don Alan, the RnT 2 Don Alan 50th Anniversary Stubby Chop Cup, a set of jumbo cups from Gerald Edmundson, and a set of mini Foxy cups in stainless.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
Lots of stuff to drool over there. I particularly like the looks of the 50th Anniversary Don Alan Chop Cup. Is it a worker or a looker?

sam

PS Bill seldom, if ever, mentions them, but his Ireland Anniversary cups he sells are quite a bargain - especially with all of the extra goodies he throws in.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Steve:

It is both. If you have ever handled the Stainless Steel Don Alan Chop Cup, you know that you can effect the "work" by simply allowing the cup to drop to the close-up mat from a height of about 1 inch above the mat. The same is true of the copper one.

It feels great!

Thanks for the kind words regarding the Laurie Ireland Cups.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Bill,

I love going to your site and looking at all of the wonderful sets on display there. But I'm curious - do you actually own ALL those cups & balls or do people from all over the world submit their pictures to you? If you own ALL those sets, it must have taken you forever and a fortune to get to where you are!! I am truly amazed Smile

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
All the cups are my personal property. Some have been donated by friends, others I have paid dearly for. But each set has its own story. Some belonged to famous performers, others to people nobody here ever heard of.

But through these cups, I have met some people who have become good friends of mine.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Great additions to the museum, Bill. Thanks for updating us. -- The 50th Anniversary Don Alan Chop cup is beautiful. There's no way that baseball can fit in there!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That cup is very deceptive.

Just to let you know that I have added a new cup on the standard cups section, some new mini cups, and a couple of new chop cups.

Some of these are of historical significance. One is a chop cup that belonged to Don Alan. Another is a set of PF/DD cups that belonged to David Roth. They also provide a piece of the PF/DD puzzle.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

NMaggio
View Profile
New user
Nick Maggio
100 Posts

Profile of NMaggio
Bill -

Since I own only one Chop Cup ( The Supeme Hi-Ball Cup we corresponded about), I am inexperienced in what is considered a "good" works cup. Is there a benchmark for the quality of the workings and how it is achieved? If so, is word-of-mouth the only yardstick to use?

Nick Maggio
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
As long as the gaff doesn't rattle and the ball releases as it should, then I don't think you can ask for much more.

I like my leather chop cup for actual performance, because it is reliable and looks very innocent. It also works well for the billiard ball loads at the end.

The best way to buy a chop cup is to go to a convention and look at all of the cups there.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
Wonderful stuff, Bill. I am proud to have my name in there. The chop cups are interesting. I am still using my original "Master Cup, Jr", the one that I first saw Don Alan use. I still prefer that traditional look and it still works fine after 40+ years. I'll tell my wife that, when my magic days are over, that chop cup goes to your collection.

Warmest regards,
Glenn Godsey
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Glenn:

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Wonderful site Bill...I own a brass mini chop cup from Daytona Magic and was surprised that it was in the collection...simply love it!!
<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Still more photos on the cups and balls museum web site (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL