The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Fender Passport Wireless Executive System (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rexgetz
View Profile
New user
Manhattan, Ks.
84 Posts

Profile of rexgetz
To all of you who have Fender Passport sound systems---are there any of you have hands on experience with the Passport Executive Wireless system? While this is not a high priced system it has the advantage of plugging into the Fender Passport sound system with out any wires. I would really appreciate information about this wireless system.
Richc98
View Profile
New user
Orange Park, Fl
71 Posts

Profile of Richc98
What is it you need to know about the PEW system?
U.S. Army Retired Soldier for Life - SFC
rexgetz
View Profile
New user
Manhattan, Ks.
84 Posts

Profile of rexgetz
I would like to know how reliable it is in working situations---also if there is a lot of signal interference from other sources---anything that I might like or dislike about this system. Thanks in advance for any information you might provide.
Richc98
View Profile
New user
Orange Park, Fl
71 Posts

Profile of Richc98
I never had any problems with the system, just check which signal you are getting before purchasing.

Now if you are getting the P10W with the wireless hand mic and purchase the executive system, you can not use the wirless mic with the executive at the same time, 1 channel. You must turn one off before using the other, which is easy.
If you use the PD-150 or above, no problems, you have several channels. I like pluging my VSM 7.5 into 1 channel, wireless on another and have the wired mic plugged in as a back up.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=11

Check this thread
rexgetz
View Profile
New user
Manhattan, Ks.
84 Posts

Profile of rexgetz
Thanks so much for the information.
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Quote:
On 2005-03-18 23:02, rexgetz wrote:
I would like to know ... if there is a lot of signal interference from other sources

rexgetz,
Unfortunately, there's no way to be sure that any wireless system will be free of interference. By law, most of the wireless that entertainers use is in the range range as TV stations, and, by law, the TV stations have a MUCH more powerful signal. Interference can also come from other sources, including, but not limited to, other wireless mics, CD players, and flourescent lights.

The Fender Passport Wireless Executive Web page talks about "travel frequencies", and these are ones that should be clear of TV interference in Canada & the US. All other possible sources of intereference still apply, though. That page also tells you to steer clear of certain frequencies if a particular TV channel is active in your area. By the way, "active" means you can receive it with "rabbit ears", without the cable jack in your wall.

Bear in mind that EVERY wireless system WILL experience interference at some point, and NO single-frequency wireless system will be able to deal with it. A system which has many frequencies will allow for you to change frequencies to get away from interference. With some of these multi-frequency systems, you have to manually find a clear frequency, but a "scanning" system will find clear frequencies for you. The new Sennheiser Evolution G2 systems will scan, but the new Shure PGX, Shure SLX, and Shure UHFR (coming soon) make the scanning SUPER-EASY!

I certainly can appreciate the ease of integrating the Passport wireless with your Passport PA, so make your own decision, weighing the ease of the Passport, but having only one frequency, against the multi-frequency Shure PGX which will require you to plug in a power cord and a signal cord.

Cheers, rexgetz, and good luck!
Dan.
Dan McLean Jr
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
582 Posts

Profile of Tony S
I have a passport PD250 and I use a Sennheiser Evolution G2 with a DPA microphone. I haven't used the Passport executive wireless system, but I can tell you that it typically only takes a few minutes to set up the Sennheiser system.
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Ragic Roadie is our guide.

The Executive system works great on the Passport.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Aaron Isaacs
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Aaron Isaacs
Hey Richc98, do you use the fender P10W? If so, what do you think of it?(or anyone else) Can you use the wireless handheld, the other mic input
(wired) and the mini plug with a CD player all at the same time? Thanks for the info, thinking of getting one.
Richc98
View Profile
New user
Orange Park, Fl
71 Posts

Profile of Richc98
Yes, I use the P10W & PD -150. Now the P10W, the only thing you can not do is use wireless hand mic and the wireless lapel/headset at the same time, because they are on the same channel. I like using the P10w for smaller shows and when I use Vern and the CD, (Axtell puppets), I place the P10w a table and the sound is unbelievable. Sounds like Vern is actually talking, an engineer asked me how I was able to do it, his assumptions were some fancy robotics. Course I didn't agree or disagree.
Aaron Isaacs
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Aaron Isaacs
Those who have used the hand held moc that comes with the PW10- If you have the hand held wireless mic in one of those neck holders, will it pick up enough of your voice still?
Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Fender Passport Wireless Executive System (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL