The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Instant miracles? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Hello all,
I am new here and could really use some help.
I am a one-handed magician(best in USA, but not as good as Rene):)
I am looking for the best effects that can be done with one hand.
Any ideas that you might share would be greatly appreciated.
BTW, I have adapted many two hand effects to single handed.
Thanks much.
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
On one of Rene's tapes, he did jumping gems (paddle). I could also imagine doing a haunted hank wherein a participant places their hand on one side of the handkerchief while you place your hand on the other side (for reasons stemming from ancient sacred ritualistic writings, bla, bla, etc.). I mention this because I am playing with the idea myself (I just think it's a good way to go with that, no matter what the situation.) Along a different line, in Anabelle's ebook, I think it was in Seven Past Midnight (I hope I am giving proper credit here), there is a Tarot effect along the lines of Lee Earle's, Spectator's Remorse. The participant can do all of the handling. After the "random" selection of two cards, a reading is given. Then, it is found that the very same cards were noted in the performer's date book. Along, yet, a different line, something like Richard Osterlind's memory demonstration (with the mind reading kicker) could be done with almost no physical involvement by the performer whatsoever. And this is very strong material. As you may have guessed from my examples, I am big on ease in execution, and rely more on presentation to impress the audience. Perhaps you are looking for something more challenging from a technical standpoint. But, if I had to rely on one hand only, these are some of the examples that come readily to mind. Let me know if you want more specific info. on how to get to some of these references.
Nicholas
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Thanks Nicholas
+++a posse ad esse+++
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
There's a card trick called "Twogether" that I posted here.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=37
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Thanks, Jaz.
+++a posse ad esse+++
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Instant miracles? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL