The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Subscribing to threads » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandomEffects
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
323 Posts

Profile of RandomEffects
Sorry if this is a repeat request or if it has been done already and I did not realize this.

Is it possible to have threads that you have posted in subscribed to or highlighted in your personal account. There are so many threads on the Café that occasionally I post in one that I normally wouldn't and forget about it for days or weeks. I know of a few forums that have a reminder service whenever someone replies to a thread you wrote in.

Just an idea
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
When deciding whether to add a feature such as this, we have to assume that many members will be using it. With the number of members active here, and the number of topics, the load on the server would be enormous to send all those notification emails every time anyone replied to a "subscribed" topic. The server load gets fairly high at peak times without that feature - it would likely crash the server if such a feature were put in place and activated.

For now, as an alternative, you can use the search feature to run a search for your own username. Leave the keywords field blank, and you'll get a listing of all the posts you have made since you registered here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Subscribing to threads » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL