The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Can anyone tell me where to purchase a really grotesque TT? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hawkbird
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of hawkbird
I need a really ugly swelled up bloody or broken bone looking TT Smile for a trick I am producing. I can find a finger in that shape but I need a TT. I have searched many magic dealers and clown dealers on the internet with no success. If you can help I would be very greatfull.
Hawkbird
***Kev***
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of ***Kev***
You could make one yourself.
Use your own TT as a mould and use paper-machier (sp?) to cover it and add on the bone sticking out or something. Then, cover it with a thin coat of latex to give it a skin texture.
You have to be good at mixing paint too get your own skin colour.
Tell me how you get on
-Kevin-

You might also want to try dressing up stores.
Places that sell masks and costumes sometimes have severed body parts.
These could be modified.
-Kevin-
hawkbird
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of hawkbird
Thanks Kevin, I tried several costume and stage makup shops but could not find what I was looking for. I did find a finger with broken bones it looks pretty good even on the thumb. But playing around with the idea I had several cheap tts. I got out my mini butane torch and put a small soldiering head on it and made a pretty convincing cut across it and painted it with red devil paint red of course. I also was able to remove the line on the tt that joins it together which is usually a dead givaway with this cheap brand of tt.(Maybe not for the spectator since most effects are done quickly ) but with the magician. Also I put the small flame head back on it and heated the end of the thumb after heated I pressed my thumbprint concaving my thumb down toward the opposite end of tip to form a convincing looking tip with a thumbprint on it.Anyway I appreciate your input. I wanted to play with the idea of grossing the banker out when they asked for my thumbprint on the check.Smile (Not really a trick) The broken bone finger should work.. I'll try it just before lunch my next visit and let you know....

Hawkbird Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Can anyone tell me where to purchase a really grotesque TT? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL