The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Routines for small linking rings.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
I recently got a set of very small "Royal Magic" linking rings (they are sooo cute!). I have a few routines already for general linking rings. Anyone have a routine they can share or direct me to that is specifically for small (very small) linking rings?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Take what you know and work out a nice handling that is YOU. If you want to see some small ring work, get the DVD from Shoot Ogawa.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
Shoot Ogawa definitely has some nice moves, and I use a few of those, but I use most of my regular ring routine with the little ones - except for a few.

Essentially I took some from Shoot Ogawa and left out the ones that simply can't be done from the big rings.
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
Thanks Pete and Rik! I've already been working on them since yesterday....I'll check out the video eventually. I really agree with finding my own handling, though...it's amazing what those little rings can do....
Cheers,
Chris
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
Take a very close look at the crash link in the spectator's hands. This ALWAYS is a jaw dropper.

I built a little device to practice it. Take two 1 foot 2x4's, each about a foot long. Use a router or dremel tool and carve out a half inch semi circle that the lower half of your ring can fit into. Do that on both. Now nail the two together. You should have a single board with a slot that your ring can rest in.

Nail a couple of stabilizing legs on it. Now you can slide a ring in there and it's like a spectator holding it. Practice to your heart's content.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Uh wouldn't it be easier to put a ring in the vice? Actually I just hold it in my left hand and strick the key down in my right hand.

You have to understand the real work on the move as done by Chris Capehart. The lower ring has to come UP to create the illusion - so I will often help the person holding the ring and MOVE IT UP on the crash.

See Capehart's DVD.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Routines for small linking rings.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL