The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Flash appearance of 24" silk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
You never know what will get you business.

I just got off the phone that got a booking for something I would never have thought twice about. The lady saw my Friday night show at a Performing Arts Theater. My regular rountine got rearranged by show requirements. So I did not have the 24" silk I usually get from the prior effect. I need it for a dove production. Therefore, I did a flash production of a 24" silk to equip me to do the routine.

The lady had never seen that done before with a 24" silk (only smaller ones) and specifically wanted her audience to witness that. It got the booking! (She though the other two hours of hard work was "good" too. Thanks lady!)

She referred to it as reaching into the sky for that huge red ball that turned into a scarf. I'll take it!

Bob
Magic By Sander

PS --- Thank you again Harold Rice!
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Way to go, Bob! I must catch your show one of these days perhaps to be followed up with some Starbuck time. I can use all the tips I can get.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
daz222
View Profile
Elite user
Wales
439 Posts

Profile of daz222
Yes, well done, even if it wasn't planned! Too bad I am in the UK! daz
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Bob,
It's often the things that we think little of that the audiance remebers most. I often find that an improv gets a better than expected reaction. It then becomes part of the show.

Regards,
Bruce

P.S. Will your show be coming to NY, NJ, PA, MD,DL or even CT ?
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Thanks Guys!

Old white-haired magicians need encouragement too!

It is odd what appeals to an audience. This passed weekend I was doing a coloring book routine for the younger kids at a Methodist Children’s Home and noticed that those hooked the most were holders of drivers’ licenses! The killer of the show was Knots Off Silk. (I needed the silk to get a bird! It was just a step in the process.)

We will have to do some Starbuck's time and get caught up. (I also want to see what Jimmy did with all those green silks! Bruce ought to be the painted silk expert by then!)

Lucy is originally from Hilton, NY. She and Marie Blood are apparently the only two women in magic from there. Marie Blood is Harry Houdini's niece who traveled for many years telling about her magic adventures with her famous uncle. She passed away earlier this year.

There has been some correspondence with the historical interests there, a local political official and Lucy's schoolmate about doing something live there relating to the Magic Women of Hilton, New York. Lucy was back there a few years ago to be inducted into the Alumni Hall of Fame at her high school. (In those days she was Lucy Schultz.)

It would take something like that to get Lucy that far away from her patients for very long. (First, last and always she is a country doctor and Mom to the world.) She did add another doctor to her clinic to give us more magic time together. If we do come, we would likely hit Delaware too, for a different reason. I haven't worked Atlantic City since the days of the Steel Pier but that might be appealing too. Know a good agent there?

You’re not safe! We could show up.

Enjoy!

Bob
Magic By Sander

Jimmy be careful talking to Bruce about tips. (He can be real sneaky!) You didn’t think I caught that. Did you Bruce?
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Bob-

Great Post!!!

I always enjoy hearing about little miracles that happen during a show that don't mean a great deal to us at times but a Lay audience really enjoy!!

Always shows that as long as we perform what appeals & entertains to a lay audience -nothing else matters!!! - Well done

Quote:

She referred to it as reaching into the sky for that huge red ball that turned into a scarf. I'll take it!
---------------------------------

While you were doing this was there a Halo around your head?

Were you wearing Robes & carrying a shepards crook?

Did the clouds Part?

Did you hear angels singing?

Had you just walked across a pond to get the gig!!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------
I think your not telling us something!!!!!!!!!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Brent,

I know you've heard it before:

Some people just believe in miracles.
I rely on them!

(Actually, I don't have a choice!)

But I do love to show off to a ready audience! Who doesn't?

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Flash appearance of 24" silk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL