The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » How to Iron my silk fountain without ruining it? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Scarlett
View Profile
Veteran user
Vermont
366 Posts

Profile of Bill Scarlett
I have a beautiful fountain of silks that I bought from P&A Silks. I left it balled up a bit too long in humid weather and now it is wrinkled beyond belief. Just wondering if someone can tell me if it is safe to iron it and do you know any special tips for not wrecking it. I humbly submit this question to the brain trust and thank you for your reply.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
I just do the ironing in halves. I lay it flat and fold back one half and iron the bottom silk then fold down the next one, and then the next. When one side is done I do the other side. Let me know if this is helpful.
Cardone
cardonethemagician.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Bill,

I'll give you the road warrior's trade secret. Get one of the small travelling streamers (WalMart strikes again!) and see if it solves your problem. Take your time. Work from the center of the silk toward the edges. It will do two things. It will actually put the crease back in pants and take folded marks out of silks. The trick is that the fabric will do what it was heated to do last.

Peter's P&A silks are pretty things. They are certainly worth extra care.

Good Luck!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bill Scarlett
View Profile
Veteran user
Vermont
366 Posts

Profile of Bill Scarlett
Thanks for the advice. Guess I'll have to pay a visit to WalMart!
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
Read my post titled Care and feeding it is full of great info about silks.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » How to Iron my silk fountain without ruining it? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL