The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Are rabbits difficult to care for? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PollyWanna
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of PollyWanna
I was thinking of doing a rabbit trick as I think it would really thrill the kids.

But I wonder if rabbits are a lot of trouble to take care of? I guess I'd have to buy one if I was going to do this.

Unless, there are any suggestions as to how I could rent or borrow one for a day or so?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Unless I were willing to live with a rabbit for a pet, I certainly would not get one for just magic. Magic shows are much shorter than the rest of life. It would not be a good arrangement for either of you.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
I do rabbit from the hat and I don't have a rabbit anymore. I use a combination of Doc Dazzal's Rabbit on Strike which is a letter left by your rabbit in the hat letting you know he won't take it any more. I produce him from the hat anyway. I use a Rabbid prop (latex rabbit head with a vicious look on his face) for George. It makes for a comical end to the effect and I don't have to clean up little round pellets.

Martin Smile
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
Matt Ferro
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
128 Posts

Profile of Matt Ferro
I have had my rabbit for 4 months now and he is great! It is a pain to pick up all of his pellets and clean his cage but what do you expect with any animal. I would say that the impact it has in my show of having a live rabbit is definitly worth it. It really depends on the enviornment that he would be kept in. It is a big commitment. Think about the area that you would put him in and all of the things that go along with that.

-Matt
Don't practice till you can do it right, Practice till you can't do it wrong...
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I have three, and like Matt said, it at times is a pain to clean three, because they are eating machines, what goes in must come out. I love them, and Yes, I have my favorite. The gentle one, not the biting one (female).
Dennis Michael
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Dennis,

Our female (Maxine) is the biting one! She also thinks that she is a dove and insists that she also get dove feed when they get fed. Having plenty of rabbit food and produce doesn't count.

(We need a sword basket for a rabbit! I think Michel Baker built one of those in the 70s.)

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
I thought I was the only one with a weird rabbit who liked bird seed as much as his pellets.

Martin Smile
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Sure Martin, but can your rabbit Coo?

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Never heard of a rabbit cooing. Mine purrs.

I have way too many rabbits. They are such neat pets. You have to find the right one, Hotot, Netherland Dwarf, Mini Rex, Lop Eared, male, female, color, etc.

You have to play with them everyday so they get used to being around humans. Also practice with them in your apparatus...don't forget the treats. Take them out to your front/back yard for exercise.

Some of my clients got their kids a rabbit after my magic shows.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2005-04-28 20:52, itsmagic wrote:
Never heard of a rabbit cooing. Mine purrs.

Itsmagic,

I'm sorry. I was just poking fun. Mine doesn't Coo either.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I've got a miniature lop eared. It 5 years old now and only saw 1 show. It's a pet that grew to be not minature at all!! What treats does your rabbits like?
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
I have two dwarfs! They are both females and are practicaly identical (why would a maigician want two identical bunnies? Same reason we love having twins for assistants!).

If you really enjoy having pets, taking care of them is not that much trouble. Just clean the cage every two days, feed them and play with tem!

Have a good day!
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
This may be an idiotic question, but can you litter train rabbits?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2005-05-26 00:10, Magicsquared wrote:
This may be an idiotic question, but can you litter train rabbits?

You Bet! And they are easier to train than a dog (or even kids)!

Use the search function and I think you may find the "How to Do It" cheat sheet here on The Magic Café.

Good Luck!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
We have 3 poodles and 1 rabbit.
FUFU, my dwarf, is pretty much litter box trained.
We actually started giving him full right to the kitchen and he PEED every single time in his box. He didn't poop in there all the time, but IMHO it takes no time to sweep up the pellets (they are dry and small)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Are rabbits difficult to care for? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL