The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2005 entrée: Max Maven » » Endless Chain » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Max--

I once heard you make mention of an endless chain routine you perform (performed?) and Whit Haydn mentioned just recently in a discussion of "in-the-air" handlings of the effect (he didn't describe it as being performed in-the-air, he just refered to it with approval).

I was wondering if you'd mind discussing your approach to the effect. What inspired you to take on what is traditionally viewed as a simple con-game? Do you still perform it? Has it been published?

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Max Maven
View Profile
V.I.P.
266 Posts

Profile of Max Maven
My Endless Chain routine was a staple of my close-up repertoire back in the early 1970s. It combined classic elements with some less familiar material plus some sequences of my own, and evolved into a fairly lengthy routine, with a rather elaborate script.

There were some lead-in effects that took place "in the air," but once the actual game began it was all on the table. It hasn't been published, although it did get some nice comments from some noteworthy observers. Whit has mentioned wanting to publish my routine at some point, and it might happen.
Jon Stetson
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of Jon Stetson
I recall seeing Max perform the Endless Chain in 1975. It was great!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2005 entrée: Max Maven » » Endless Chain » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL