The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tonte Jr (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

art the magic guy!
View Profile
Regular user
back in the USA, FINALLY!!
159 Posts

Profile of art the magic guy!
This one sells at Hocus pocus. I never heard of this effect, can anyone drop a line with a review from a owner?
I AM AN AMERICAN SOLDIER
I will ALWAYS place the mission first
I will NEVER accept defeat
I will NEVER quit
I will NEVER leave a fallen comrade
----I AM AN AMERICAN SOLDIER----
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Steven's had been selling a Tonte version in Poker size. The difference was instead of 4 queens as a climax, you have a royal flush. Also Steven's put out a video of David Regal's handling of the original jumbo size Tonte cards. You might find that of interest too.
art the magic guy!
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Is this a monte effect that you will recomend( IE use it in a performance), or is it just "another" 3cm that is suited for a beginner?
I AM AN AMERICAN SOLDIER
I will NEVER quit
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Tonte, Jr. produces a Royal Flush, but Tonte, the big one, is almost exactly, in effect, like Sidewalk Shuffle except that the climax is four Queens, instead of four Aces of Clubs. The change from Tens to Queens is much stronger.

I think Tonte, like Sidewalk Shuffle, was intended to be done close-up using the big Jumbo cards. Both had later "close-up" versions released, but neither Poker sized version did very well. It is just not the same trick with small cards, not even at the close-up table.

And, in response to your question,I don't think Tonte is another Three Card Monte suited for the beginner. I think both it, and Sidewalk Shuffle, are serious professional routines, in fact, Martin Lewis performed the latter regularly at Earthquake Magoon's before releasing it. My recommendation, for what it's worth, is get Tonte in Jumbo size for close-up and, if you want to do the trick stand-up, get one of the really giant sized versions of Sidewalk Shuffle, like the "Fred Kaps'" version sold by Ace Place.
art the magic guy!
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Will have to wait until I get back to the "real world" to get the tonte. yo mentioned tonte as close up, so I take it the jumbo cards aren't that jumbo, or perhaps is the fact that the jumbo cards just make it seem "harder" to cheat....
I AM AN AMERICAN SOLDIER
I will NEVER quit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tonte Jr (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL