The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Is it deep enough? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I just found this and thought it would be of interest to you guys. It's not exactly an escape, but as we tend to leap into rivers, lakes etc. it's a piece of info that may help.

http://channels.aolsvc.co.uk/news/articl......09990003

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
symonds14
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of symonds14
As only AOL menbers canaccess this story, here it is cuta and pasted Text only though.
Oxford Students in Bridge Jump Horror
A Bridge Too Far
More than 50 students at elite Oxford University have injured themselves jumping from a bridge in a boozy prank.

It is traditional for undergraduates to leap from Magdalen Bridge into the River Cherwell on May Day after all-night drinking.

And many of "the brightest and the best" ignored police warnings about low water levels to leap 25ft into just 3ft of water - resulting in spinal injuries, fractured legs, broken ankles and cracked ribs.

A dry spell had prompted the biggest ever campaign by the police to dissuade the students from making the dangerous leap, but 100 of them did it anyway.

One teenager suffered a serious back injury when another landed on top of him, and a girl lay screaming in pain on the riverbank after hurting herself.

Do students lack common sense?

At least 10 of the revellers were taken to hospital, with another 40 being treated at the scene for minor injuries such as sprained ankles and cuts.

The warm weather and the fact that May Day fell on a Sunday bought much larger crowds than usual, with one estimate putting the number of people around the bridge at 8,500. Last year only 12 people made the leap.

A student who watched the chaos unfold said: "A lot of people were coming out of the river groaning, holding their ribs or legs.

"One man hurt his ankle very badly and was white and shaking. Another said 'I can't walk, I can't walk'."
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Thanks, didn't realise.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Thanks. Nice to know.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Is it deep enough? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL