The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2005 entrée: Max Maven » » Para-Thought / Para-Sight » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lane99
View Profile
Elite user
421 Posts

Profile of lane99
Hello...I wonder if you have ever heard of this trick. And also if you would tell me how I could learn it? It's a mind-boggalin effect. I've heard the title is either "Para-Thought" or "Para-Sight". I've been told that you were the inventor,though I don't see it in any of the DVD's or books I have of yours.

Description of the effect:
You ask someone to pick a page from the newspaper, and rip it a few times, and them put their finger over one of the words on the remaining scrap of paper they hold. Then, drumrolll, please: you identify their word. And, oh, by the way, did I mention that you and the participant was not even in the same room and, in fact, this whole test was conducted on the telephone! Too cool.
Max Maven
View Profile
V.I.P.
266 Posts

Profile of Max Maven
"Para-Sight" was a magazine test that I marketed as a limited release in 1977. However, it does not involve tearing a page.

There have been many versions of the torn newspaper test, by such as Maurice Fogel, Edmund Rowland, David Berglas, and many others. I have a version that I developed in the 1980s over several years, but it is part of my active repertoire and has not been published. There are, however, plenty of worthwhile methods in print.
Clinton Wayne
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Clinton Wayne
I heard a guy can make watch stops also from canada on the radio and tell you a date on a cquarter, he is from vancouver named Gerard 'I think and also does the paper one I heard it on new years in Washington. I want to learn these ones too ...please pm me with any info on were too buy these tricks Ok thanks lane.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Quote:
On 2005-05-03 00:21, Clinton Wayne wrote:
I heard a guy can make watch stops also from canada on the radio and tell you a date on a cquarter, he is from vancouver named Gerard 'I think and also does the paper one I heard it on new years in Washington. I want to learn these ones too ...please pm me with any info on were too buy these tricks Ok thanks lane.

His name, is Andrew Gerard and his website is http://www.allandrew.com; he is indeed from Vancouver. Hope this helps Smile

a.
Logic Defied
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2005 entrée: Max Maven » » Para-Thought / Para-Sight » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL