The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Impromptu dinner. . . (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mayo
View Profile
Loyal user
WorymWood
211 Posts

Profile of Mayo
We as humans are fasinating creatures. Wouldn't you all agree? You take what you read in books for granted.*picks up a fork* But yet you challange the likely hood of something beyond science. Thus we. *starts shaking the fork in a rythm motion* Start to bend * slow it where they can see the tine is bending* to the will of man.
My question is why do you bend to the will of man?

*take the head of the fork in one hand and start rubbing the handle*
When you have the power to bend the will of man?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lets see a trick Mayo!"

A trick? I am afraid you will need to find a clown. But magic, mind over matter. . . *picks the fork up* With only a mere thought and the right viberation *starts shaking it* We can actually cause the metal to melt, * slow it to show it bending*
And with enough thought actually make *the fork starts to bend at the head upword*
with a sence of ease.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was searching through my old movies and ran across pyschokinetic silverware.

I am sorry if I appear to be a bit rusty, I am trying to polish back up.
"I love the night. It's the only time I feel really alive."

---Helen Chandler in the film "Dracula" (1931)
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to l
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
Mayo I must say I am really digging the things you are doing to your presentation ...but make sure not to over do the acting thing. When people ask to see a trick they know its for a reason. It takes a while before you auctually get to asked to do magic around people. SO in that sense....I have learned that the thing that goes over very well ..is a)to find the right mood(or drive people into it) and b)sound like yourself more.

I am sure you don't talk like that all the time right?SO make sure it is believeable....after all we are bizarrist that try to make people think and feel magic as if it was real.

Also mayo try to emphazise certain things more...and make em more detailed and if necessary longer(I don't mean you have to bore em to death)but after such an important line you don't want them to forget and get lost in the "trick" part of the effect. I call those the dynamics...and ...they also seem to work quite well.

It works mayo..but ALWAYS REMEMBER the most important thing we can do as magicians is take peoples ideas and opinions and make em feel it. Relate EVERYTHING you do to something in their life and it will hit HARD.

Trust me people (and this is personal opinion) are more fascinated by general knowledge they can understand than most mumbo jumbo MOST bizarrist say. "in egypt ...blah ..blah",.....seriously guys...who cares?Are you doing this for an egyptian person or a tomb digger?

In the long run man...good luck. It sounds pretty neat but yeah it needs some adjustments...make em...and work your miracles!.....keep the magic going man..you can go places!
Mayo
View Profile
Loyal user
WorymWood
211 Posts

Profile of Mayo
Hrm. I see your point. Back to the drawing boards.
"I love the night. It's the only time I feel really alive."

---Helen Chandler in the film "Dracula" (1931)
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to l
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
But at the same time mayo, this is excellent presentation...and from knowing you briefly here, I can atest to the fact that I can see you presenting this and meaning it...you have a strong spirit, or vibe if you will, and if its "not so believeable" now, verily you are planting seeds that will one day blossom into a high form of credibility...

If you havent had a chnace to get CAPRICORNIAN TALES, I cant express it enough how much, in my opinion, this book will fire up subconscious ideas in the mind...there may be many so called bizarre books on the market, but I think you'll really love this one...

so, we are always at the "drawing board," always searching for higher ans still higher ideas to perfect our approach to this beloved craft...I loved reading this and all of your posts and ideas...

All fruits ripe in due season as the old scripture declares, and your fruit is well on its way to maturity and ripeness...

I hope you don't disappear again! keep the vibes coming...

Baba
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Mayo,

As Baba said, we are always at the drawing board. We must continually
craft and refine our art. That said, to borrow a phrase, don't throw
out the baby with the bathwater. You have the seeds of a very strong
idea here. All you need to do is refine it a bit. Particularly the
language used. You want it to sound like it is coming from you. It is,
of course, hard for us to judge since we know you only by your posts.

When you are performing in a casual situation ("let's see a trick Mayo")
you want to perform as "Mayo". An instant change in personality makes
little contextual sense. I think that what people are hearing in your
presentation is that it doesn't sound like the normal you. Play with
it a bit and you may have something very special... you will be magical.
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Mayo,

Sometimes a non-caring casual attitude is stronger than "high drama."

A few years ago while sitting around at the dinner table, someone brought out a deck of cards and asked me to perform something. This was years ago and before I discovered bizarre magick. I was engaged in a conversation with someone else at the time so I chose to perform Daryl's Dream Card. This was ideal since I never touched the deck, except to pull out my dream card while they held the deck spread out in front of me.

So I continued the conversation and they would interupt me asking for instructions on what to do next. Well, due to the almost non-involvement on my part and the continuing conversation with whom I was speaking, the ending of the effect blew them away and everyone else that was watching too.

I think it was the strongest reaction I ever got with that effect because it was as though I can just make things happen at will.

Sometimes you don't need to be preachy to obtain high drama and impact.

EVILDAN.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Impromptu dinner. . . (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL