The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A "simple" card trick that I want to learn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LPfan
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of LPfan
I saw a card trick performed in school today where a kid spun a card in the air and controlled it with his hands. it kind of levitated. I have no idea what its called. I looked at the card and it was blank and so were his hands. any ideas? any help learning this would be greatly appreciated.
magicmandb1
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
30 Posts

Profile of magicmandb1
I believe he did the humming bird card, do a search on google and you should find a site that sells it, it is called the humming bird card.
"If a tree falls in a forest, and thier's nobody there to hear it, does it make a sound?"
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Humming bird card, helicopter card, many names.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
Penguinmagic.com sells it. I think its like 15 bucks
The Presitidigitationist
*Jamie*
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of *Jamie*
I believe it is also called the hummer card. I have done this without buying any gimmicks, just using some IT.
-Jamie
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
He could also be performing UFO. In fact, given that is more readily available to the masses, I think that is the one he's using. Available at your favorite dealer.
Coram Deo
b-gann
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of b-gann
I have the ufo yo I really LOVE it
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
LPfan:
One caution...this is NOT a trick that you'll be able to do well in five minutes. It takes lots of practice. So, plan accordingly; don't expect that you'll be performing for friends right away.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
magicmandb1
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
30 Posts

Profile of magicmandb1
Yea that's true what Steve said, and as Justin said, they sell the humming bird card at penguin magic.
"If a tree falls in a forest, and thier's nobody there to hear it, does it make a sound?"
Mustang
View Profile
Veteran user
London, England
316 Posts

Profile of Mustang
"A magician is one who appreciates the difference between knowing how a trick is done, and knowing how to do a trick."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A "simple" card trick that I want to learn (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL