The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Michael P. Lair - Candles video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I am planning to buy this video. Do any of you have it? What do you think of it?

Thanks.
Yours,

Ivan
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
I have it and it's good if you use Fantasio candles. The quality is good, the performance is nothing to rave about. The good thing about the tape is Michael shows you in detail some of the very fine ways to use the candle. I must say that I adapted some of the advices from the tape into my routine. I can sell mine to you but I see that you are all the way in Europe...I think the shipping will cost more than the tape.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Thanks just the same. And thanks for the info.
Yours,

Ivan
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
No one else??
Yours,

Ivan
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
How would you compare this DVD by Mr. Lair with the extensive tape/DVD by Fantasio himself? If I already have the Fantasio tape and book, is the Lair DVD repetitious?

Thank you very much.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I don't have it yet, though I am sure it won't have the same things, as they are things from a different person altogether. Mr Lair has some great ideas using the vanishing and appearing candles. Check http://www.lairmagic.com for the contents of the video.

MB: It's a video not DVD.
Yours,

Ivan
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Niva,

Thank you for the link. I checked out his site and reviewed the material presented in the video. The productions and vanishes using teh fantasio candles certainly are different and more flashy than the ones presented in fantasio's dvd and book. I certainly think this video by Mr. Lair will compliment Fantasio's book and dvd very well.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I will get it eventually, reviews or no reviews. Smile The productions and vanishes as you said sound great and visual.
Yours,

Ivan
lair
View Profile
New user
Michael P. Lair
44 Posts

Profile of lair
Ivan,
I think you will like the Candles! video. I have it and my Coins! videos in stock in PAL, as well as NTSC, since I was just in Blackpool, England in February. Fantasio and I are good friends, and I think his magic is the finest in the world! I think you will like some of the visual ideas with his appearing and vanishing candles on the tape. By the way, Fantasio now has out the silver appearing/vanishing candles...they look incredible. I don't have them on my site yet. However, if you want one, e-mail me via the Contact button at my site http://www.lairmagic.com and I will give you the cost, etc. By the way, Ivan, great choice for your photo...another living legend...Eugene Burger...one of my all-time favorite magicians.
Best regards to all, Michael Lair
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hey Niva,
I have Michael Lair's candles video and it is crammed full of excellent idea's idewas using Fantasio's candles. It is truly apparent that Michael has worked extensionally with the candles and is now passing the info on to the magic community. Get the video. You WON'T be disappointed!
Tony
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Yes I got his Candles video and it is very good. I recommend it to anyone who wants to include some flashy effects into his act.
Yours,

Ivan
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Niva,
Can you give us a full review of this video?
thanks very much!
Hirase
In love with magic!
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
There is not much to say. This is a great video for those looking to add some other effects into their act that incorporate candles. The effects are highly visual and can be mastered with a moderate amount of practice.

I would suggest Mr. Lair to release this on DVD and I hope he is not olding on some other gooddies with candles because they are that great.

I highly recommend it.
Yours,

Ivan
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Thanks Niva
In love with magic!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Michael P. Lair - Candles video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL