The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Looking for Kostya Kimlat Lecture Notes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cviolette
View Profile
New user
Washington
73 Posts

Profile of cviolette
I'm looking for the notes "Magic: Experiments with the Art & Thoughts on the Artistry" by Kostya Kimlat. Unfortunately, Mr. Kimlat no longer has these notes. If you know of a dealer that might sell these notes, please let me know, or if you have a copy and would like to sell them, I would pay twice the cover price. Please feel free to e-mail me privately.
docelk
View Profile
Veteran user
St. Pete, FL
362 Posts

Profile of docelk
Also looking for some of his work---google searches don't help on where to purchase these booklets--any sources, (where the url works)?
Life is a test. It is only a test. If this had been a real life, you would have been given further instructions on where to go, and what to do.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
You guys may want to post this request in the Let's Make A Deal section of this forum.
10cardsdown
View Profile
Special user
Out There Somewhere
664 Posts

Profile of 10cardsdown
He can be found on the seconddeal.com site. If you're a member there, you can IM him and see some of his work on video's. By the way, his work is AWESOME! Smile
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
252 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
Docolk-

As far as I am aware the Kostya's notes are only avialable directly through him. You can get his contact info from his website: http://www.kmagic.com

I emailed him a while back and he was fantastic. I didn't know that he had run out of the notes that cviolette was looking for. I can't blame cviolette for wanting to track down that set. Its absolutely fantastic. But so are his other notes.

Good luck to both of you in tracking down the stuff you're looking for. Kostya's stuff really is great if you are into your magic.

Matt
docelk
View Profile
Veteran user
St. Pete, FL
362 Posts

Profile of docelk
Thank you---just ordered them from http://www.kmagic.com, with pay pal---that url did the job---notes are available
Life is a test. It is only a test. If this had been a real life, you would have been given further instructions on where to go, and what to do.
cviolette
View Profile
New user
Washington
73 Posts

Profile of cviolette
Docelk, Kostya does not have product information on his site, where did you find them?
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
He only has two sets of lecture notes now.

"Lecture Collection" & "Card Work, Card Play"

"Lecture Collection" Includes a 4-page description of the Roadrunner Cull, as well as the cleanest handling of Triumph: one where the spectators shuffle the cards upside down themselves, only to see the deck restored back to normal right before their eyes!

"Card Work, Card Play" comes with a companion CD-ROM.

This 30 minute disc has videos of Kostya performing and briefly explaining
the techniques from Card Work. You can watch each and every effect from the book performed in front of a real audience before you dive into the book! He also performs his truimph routine on the companion CD-ROM.

I ordered these directly from him and got them very quickly and highly recommend picking them both up.

Magico
Kostya
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Kostya
Quote:
On 2005-05-29 08:20, cviolette wrote:
I'm looking for the notes "Magic: Experiments with the Art & Thoughts on the Artistry" by Kostya Kimlat. Unfortunately, Mr. Kimlat no longer has these notes.

Hey-

Thanks for your interest in the notes. The set that you mentioned is 'retired' now, but several of the routines and essays are reprinted in the "Lecture Collection" booklet. I greatly appreciate your interest, though and thanks to others for posting the info. You can always reach me directly at k@kmagic.com.

Also, "Card Work, Card Play" with the Companion CD and the "Lecture Collection" notes are available from Denny and Lee's and H&R carries the "CW, CP" notes with the CD, as well.

Thanks. Take care.

-Kostya
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Looking for Kostya Kimlat Lecture Notes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL