The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Misdirection » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mike paris
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of mike paris
On looking through the posts I noticed that there were no mentions of misdirection,i think this would be a good subject to put up to try to get some feed back,what do you think?mike
cstreet_1986
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of cstreet_1986
Ok, I am not management or anything, but I think that misdirection is usually specific to what you are doing.

Without going into too much detail, there is The Secret Art Of Magic (Evans & Craver) that talks all about misdirection - and they break down the 36 Stratagems of Sun Tzu.

What I mean by specific misdirection could include this: Pickpocket misdirection could be looking in the other pocket, whereas for card manipulation it could be covering half of the packet while performing a pass.

----

On the other hand, there are of course areas of misdirection that can apply to any sort of magic - and I think this is where Evans & Craver come in. General misdirection could include something as obvious as speaking to someone while loading a cup or as subtle as keeping focus attentioned around the waist area while performing a move at above-waist level.

Anyway, this is not my decision to make - I am just giving my opinion (probably because I am bored!).

Chase
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I wonder if this is an aquired "knack" like the "force"??
~Joe
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
As noted above (Thank you cstreet_1986) misdirection is as diversified as the many effects and routines which exist and make use of this very useful tool.
That said, given the wide variety of existing forums, the use of misdirection is either a given or at the very least discussed as it is related to a specific trick which is being mentioned in one of the forums.
In that light I cannot see any future forum being created for the sole purpose of discussing misdirection. But, that could very well change with time - ya never know. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Misdirection » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL