The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Metamorphisis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic74Josh
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
101 Posts

Profile of Magic74Josh
I recently purchased a sub trunk (it is designed to look like an old packing crate) anyway, I am looking to add it to my show however it is extremely important to me to have a unique spin on this illusion, before adding it to my show. I would like there to be a meaningful costume switch or something similar so that it is more that just a switch. I would like any and all input possible, thank you soooo much! Smile Smile
Magically Yours,
Magic74Josh
Magic7Josh@aol.com
Enigma3613
View Profile
New user
California
61 Posts

Profile of Enigma3613
What if you put an assistant into the crate? you could really build up your assistant as a beginner who is aspiring to be an escape artist. Put the assistant in the crate, cover it with the sheet you use for the switch, and "wait" for them to escape. After a long enough wait say something like, "I'll have to help him/her."

Proceed to remove the sheet and suddenly switch places. The assistant comes out and you escape from the crate either in full view or covered up. Thank your assistant for trying and have them bow to the applause for their valiant effort. You could also add a costume change for yourself, but it might make the performance lose its sponteneity.

I really think that if you play this up as an escape routine rather than a switch that the audience will be totally disarmed and will remember your escape for a long time.

:subtrunk:
Just my thoughts.
- Robert Doidge
Magic74Josh
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
101 Posts

Profile of Magic74Josh
I thank you for your comment I will certainly look into that idea, thanks!
Magically Yours,
Magic74Josh
Magic7Josh@aol.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Metamorphisis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL