The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Dan Harlan vanishing rubber band (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr. Magician
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Mr. Magician
I have seen Dan Harlan performing a trick where he completely vanishes a rubberband with short sleeve shirt by squeezing it!

I have seen this on a video catalog of International Magic.
Where can I learn such a trick?

Anyone?
Davros
View Profile
New user
Jenison, MI USA
4 Posts

Profile of Davros
On his video "Magic with Rubber Bands Vol I" he does an effect where he begins in Crazy Man's Handcuffs pose and proceeds to pull one band against the other, ball it up, and vanish it, so he's left with one. It's very good.
Mr. Magician
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Mr. Magician
Is it very dificult to do?
guido
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
152 Posts

Profile of guido
Nothing is difficult when you learn it and work on it.
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
That's not the vanish described in this thread, however. The vanish described above sounds like Dan's "Incredible Shrinking Band", which is on Dan Harlan: The Band Shark, a video put out by A-1 Multimedia (or is it A-1 Magicmedia now?).

I'm surprised that the catalog you saw it on didn't say where to find it--seems to defeat the purpose of a catalog to me.

--Andy
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Jeff S.
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Jeff S.
I believe the trick Mr. Magician is talking about is on Harlan's Rubberband magic vol.2. I do this a lot. A lot of time I get better responses to this than Crazy Man's Handcuffs. People always beg to see it again. Too bad for them.
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
This is the effect I always use to follow "Crazy Man's Handcuffs." I tell them I will be breaking the golden rule of no teaching and while they are putting on the rubberbands I do the set up. It took a while to learn, but now it is a no look setup while talking them through putting on their bands. (I have no idea who showed me this and they (whoever they were) never told me where it came from .... but I have been forever thankful for it.) They take that walk down the garden path thinking they are going to learn a cool trick and then BAM they discover that some rules are not to be broken. All in fun of course and nobody leaves feeling bad. Learn this and use it.

From beautiful downtown Captain Cook Hawaii
Barry
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Get "Magic with Rubber Bands" vol. 1 and you can't go wrong. The routine I use is Mark Fitzgerald's "Back Together," then do CMH, then I tell them how I did it by doing "Broken and Restored Rubberband" and then close it with the disappearing rubberband. All four effects get a good response.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I too like Dan's stuff. Andy is right about the Bandshark tape. That was my first exposure to Dan's material. And while I later bought his three tape series on rubber bands, I still go back to the A-1 tape, especially on a napkin tear trick that I use all the time. Smile
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
I think the napkin tear you're referring to is Dan's "Starcle", on a hunch? If so, I suspect that's on Vol. 2 of the A-1 tapes, on Dan's close-up magic.

Vol. 1, The Bandshark, featured all rubberbands, plus a bonus section with "Ring Around the Ropesy" (I think that's the name), Dan's method for a linking rings and rope routine, and "Tame Cards", Dan's way cool ungaffed "Wild Card").

Man, I know way too much of this crap ;o)
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Does anyone know "Bandshark" has DVD version?

and where can I find it?

Thanks,
Hirase
In love with magic!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Yes this is called the shrinking rubberband. It is very easy to do ,however the only compalint I have is you must keep alot of bands on your wrist,but the effect is very visual..
This effect is found on Dans video
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Dan Harlan vanishing rubber band (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL