The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Re-furnishing the Café a little? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Ok, it's almost 4 a.m and I can't sleep so I was thinking of something(s):

1) Move the "Where to put it all..." forum from the "Close up workers" section to the "General Magic" section. Prop management is a general issue in magic, no?

2) Move the "The side walk shuffle" (street magic) to the "Stage, Platform and Parlour" section (instead of the current "Close up workers" section. It's generally not close up on the street except for David Blaine.)

3) While "Pasteboard frolics" (flourishes) surely is a Special Interest, it IMHO seems better fit in the "Close up workers" section.

4) "Lights...camera...action" (TV etc) isn't specific for the "Stage, Platform and Parlour" section. Even if most of the magic we see on TV is stage magic, I would think that there actually is more close-up magic recorded than stage magic (e.g for promo vids), considering that there surely are many many more close-up magicians than stage magicians. Therefore... may I actually suggest a new "main category" named perhaps "The real world" or whatever. In this, I think also; "Tricky business" (business issues, trade shows etc), "Table hoppers & party strollers" and "Going for the Gold" (competition) should be placed as well.

5) The "Let's make a magic deal" fits perfect next to the "The good, the bad, and the garbage"
And actually, "Oldies... but goodies" (collecting) probably belongs there as well (after all, collecting usually means 'getting/buying'). And while we're at it - perhaps "The workshop" (building props) and "Let there be magic" (publishing) are fairly close too.
(BTW - next to these is a strategic place to put advertisement!)

...ok, do with these thoughts as you wish, but despite the late hour, I think there is some logic to the reasoning. Best,

Matias
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
a simple "sorry Matias, but your ideas stink" will do just fine...
:hmm: ???
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile well...... okay Smile if that's what you really want........ Smile

"sorry Matias, but your ideas stink"

Of course I don't know why you'd really want that. Smile but....... Smile

Smile Smile Smile

Seriously though, sometimes we just don't get to your post right away, what with 99400+ posts, I'm sure you can understand, Smile but I reported your post to Steve and I'm sure he'll be getting right to it asap. Smile

Just be patient and we'll get to you. Smile

Mya
Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Aaaah - Mya Angel making me feel better, as has happened before! Thanks. I guess I am a little impatient sometimes. But I'm actually a little Smile myself.

----------------------------------------
Added after some response from a reader :

Please note that neither of what I've said is meant in any negative way. I wouldn't have written the first message if I didn't like this excellent place, and the second was an appearently not-so-funny comment just to make sure it wasn't forgotten as I had seen another question in this forum answered. No offence intended.

Best,

Matias
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
No offence intended.

none taken. Smile

Mya
Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
mr. bart
View Profile
New user
Izmir-Turkey
34 Posts

Profile of mr. bart
I am happy what I find at the Café and any improvement will be taken a gartis. I love this forum. Smile Smile Smile
yours in magic
mr. bart
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Matias,
as I told you in my private message, these are interesting ideas, and I will give them some thought. Thanks for the suggestions.
Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Re-furnishing the Café a little? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL