The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Al Schneider Technique DVD's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Arnoldo
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Arnoldo
I would appreciate any input on these DVD's. The review in the March MUM was very positive. L&L sells the set for $120. Are they worth it? (I am a medium skill level amateur doing close up card magic)
BillWheeler
View Profile
New user
Naperville, IL
80 Posts

Profile of BillWheeler
I liked the DVDs very much, and probably got the most value from his "theory DVD" which is the first volume. They are not very heavy in terms of card magic, so it doesn't really sound like what you may be looking for.

Bill
Arnoldo
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Arnoldo
Thanks Bill. I'll keep looking
Pharaoh
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh
I have just watched volume 1 and thought that it was very good - despite the fact that I do not perform coin effects I still got a lot from the video in the way of theory.

Al Schneider has very good and interesting theories on sleight of hand, magic and misdirection. He also explains his thinking very clearly and precisely. The camera angles and filming of the tape are also very good.
Sean W. Burke
View Profile
Loyal user
Washington D.C.
300 Posts

Profile of Sean W. Burke
Right now I only own vols. 2-3 and can honestly say they are on the cream of the crop. Al is a great teacher and a very nice overall guy. If you havent got them yet, you are definitely missing out. My next purchase will be vols. 1 & 4.

-Sean
Sean W. Burke
View Profile
Loyal user
Washington D.C.
300 Posts

Profile of Sean W. Burke
Just saw that this was started a year ago, my fault.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
This whole set is amazing! Volume 1 is definately the best of the 4.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Sit back and prepared to be amazed as you watch good magic with no fancy knucklebusting moves and lots of discussion on theory and the "whys" in magic.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
I'd agree with the other people here who enjoyed these - they're among my favorite DVDs. Great magic and well thought-out routines, all performed by a master technician.

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
Al Scheider recently lectured to our SAM assembly. His program was first-rate in every respect. We were particularly impressed with his theory of magic (which is featured on volume 1 of his DVD set). Al's performance of his unique renditions of Zombie, silk and coin magic and his new linking ring routine were superb. Later, he explain and demonstrated his original and world-famous Matrix and finally, we were delighted to watch his new cups and balls routine. Bravo to Al!

Nathan and Briana
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-01-27 18:45, Turk wrote:
Sit back and prepared to be amazed as you watch good magic with no fancy knucklebusting moves and lots of discussion on theory and the "whys" in magic.

Exactly. Prepare to learn and be amazed!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
This is my favorite Dvd set and Al Schneider is a great guy. He will answer any questions you might have regarding his work and theory.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Al Schneider Technique DVD's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL