The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Fake messages clogging the board » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Recent events at the magic café and at the website of handcuff.org of false messages filling the threads has been resolved. I consider that these messages were intended to create a wider rift between many escape artists and handcuff collecting people.

Two people they were directed at were myself and Steve Santini. Both Santini and I have had issues for several years but these fake and malicious posting have had the reverse effect.

I have been speaking to Mr Steve Santini on the telephone over the part few days, would like to say I accept his apology to myself. I would like to publicly apologize for my part in our personal concerns.

From an impeccable source I now know that all posting of this nature were not made by Steve Santini. (nor myself)

A new future for both lay ahead.

Thank you

Ian McColl
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Here goes a Message from Mr. Santini ( he is not allowed to post here so I will on his Behalf I'm hoping he is ok with it ) Hello,

Please allow me to thank Ian for his post above and to offer my own apology where he is concerned for all of the bad blood that has existed between us for the past several years. (This means my own behavior towards him).

While it is true that Ian and I have had "issues" between us for many moons past, we have indeed recently been talking and attempting to work as a team to discover who in fact had been making posts designed to look as though they originated from me.

In part to our collaboration, and the work of a third unnamed source, both Ian and myself are indeed convinced that neither of us were responsible for many of the negative or self promoting Santini related posts that have flooded both this site and The Magic Café over the past many months.

It seems that some very unkind and immature people decided to use the internet to send mail and post messages that were designed to make gaps between people that may have initially had problems even wider.

I am happy to report that it is due in no small part to the efforts of these "phantom posters" that Ian and I established contact to once again work together.

And, I sincerely hope we will do so again on other projects.

7 years or more of unrelenting hostility is far too much for people who hold similiar interests in common.

I for one am glad that the anamosity between us is at a timely end.

Regards, Steve Santini

P.S. As I am banned from the Magic Café but would like for this to be posted there, anyone who visits here and is also a member of that site has my blessing to post this message from me there as well.
The Amazing Michael
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Michael
Donster, cheers to you for reposting this message. As I posted on handcuffs.org, I am so glad to see these two greats patch things up! We need to stick together if we are going to network and learn from one another. Everyone in this vast field can learn a lot from these two gentlemen. Remember, united we stand....devided we fall! All the best, Mike
*CAUTION* Does NOT play well with others!
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Ian and Steve,

It is wonderful to see the two of you set aside these old matters! Both of you have taught us much in the art of escape; now you have also shown us how to behave in adversity: with the courage to have big hearts. Bravo to both of you!

Yours,

Paul
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Smile Smile Smile WONDERFUL!
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Speaking of which, where is Mark? I haven't seen any posts from him for awhile.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Fake messages clogging the board » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL