The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Help with D'Lite!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

denzildon
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of denzildon
Hello guys,

My D'lites battery just recently died out. Before I tinker with it. Is it possible to change the battery? If there is, how? I don't want to tear it apart meaning make a mistake and just end up destroyed.

Thanks!!!
Imagination is more important than knowledge!!! -- Albert Einstein
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
People have tried.
It's probably easier to buy (a) new one(s).
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
How long do these usally last?
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
They should last a while. My first set broke before the battery ran out.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
I got a set recently that is just amazing...there are these plastic discs over the batteries and it just makes it so much easier to activate the dlites..

The only thing is I don't know where to buy more...they are soft TT's and just feel absolutely great. I wish I could buy a few more sets!
Logic Defied
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Alym
You can get them at napkinrose.com they go for $12 plus shipping. Or you can Google Rocco and buy it for $16.95 plus $4.50 shipping.
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Yes, but are those the right type of d'lite (i've had some come that were hard plastic with just a wire loop over the battery for example)
Logic Defied
Jonathan Brown
View Profile
Loyal user
Tappahannock, VA
288 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Brown
Our local shop carries these. If you need some, let me know. I work there and can get you a couple sets. They are ALOT better that the originals.
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
Hi denzildon

You can replace the batteries in the new D'lites, however, the material costs are higher then buying a new one. You would need to buy the silicone and the individual batteries which are expensive. PM me if you would like a break down on how to.

Hi alym

The hard tip D'lites are the older version. The new D'lites are the soft tip. If you need more please PM me and I will get you costs in Canada dollars and shipping information. I usually stock the red, blue, and color changing D'lites.

Take care and take cards
Antony Gerard
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
I have a soft TT d'lite. The hardest part is getting the silicone off the TT. The silicone is sealed to the TT and it's hard to remove. I used a very thin screw driver and kept working the edges of the silicone. Eventually I did finally get it removed but I ended up having to repair the silicone because I did mess it up. I just repaired the messed up silicone with new silicone. But now that I got it out and repaired it, I can insert it back in the TT with a nice fit and the next time I have to remove it, it comes out real easy with a pair of tweezers.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Quote:
On 2005-06-26 18:09, juggleral wrote:
$16.95 plus $4.50 shipping.

I can get them cheaper at my local shop. $12 aprox. for 1 $20 for 2 (you should have 2 anyway).
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
denzildon
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of denzildon
Thank you very much guys!!! I would try to change the battery for now. If it breaks, I'll get a new one for sure. The battery run out after playing with it in front of nephews. Oh, well it was worth it for the smiles in their faces!!!
Imagination is more important than knowledge!!! -- Albert Einstein
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
You've bought the secret, make your own so long as you don't sell it. All the parts are readily available and maybe you'll come up with a design and thump tip that you like better.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Help with D'Lite!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL