The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RIT Dye is Still Coming Out of My Spongeballs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Posted in another topic about using RIT to dye my spongeballs black.

Trouble is, the black still comes out on my hands, and holding them under running water unleashes a seemingly never-ending stream of dark water.

It has been like this for 2 days.

I was using balls that I had, and a packet of RIT was cheaper than ordering a new set of black balls. Also, they have a nice shine, which goes with my storyline.

They look great, but wonder if I am going to be wasting my time waiting for the moment I don't have to worry about black hands. Anyone have any experience with this, or similar?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Yes, I do. You have to rinse them for a very long time to get rid of the excess dye. They won't have that nice shine when you get the excess out of them. Just put them under running water let them soak. Squeeze them, let them soak, and repeat until the excess no longer comes out of them.

Black is a difficult color to deal with. It doesn't blend well with skin.

I generally avoided black dye. I used to dye my red balls maroon to equalize the color. It took a lot of rinsing to get them clean.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Pity about losing the nice shine, but it is good to have one more bit of knowledge for the memory banks. Thanks, Bill.

Mark
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Mark, if you like black balls, I can get them by the bag of 40 or 50.
That's how I buy my red ones.

PM me so I can help put this dying nonsense to an end.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Thanks, Frank :^) but I expect these 2 to last me for quite some time (once I get the dye out, that is!).

Looking forward to my pouch, btw. Counting the hours.... ;^)

Best,

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RIT Dye is Still Coming Out of My Spongeballs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL