The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Hand Care (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
What agents do you use to lubricate, dehydrate, apply tackiness, heal, and anything else you can think of.
Manicure...Yes or No?
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1328 Posts

Profile of weapon
Sortkwik, sortkwik and sortkwik!
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
Signature
View Profile
New user
Austria->Vienna
45 Posts

Profile of Signature
If doing xcm then you should get a manicure ;D
if you are just working with cards it usually helps to use hand care prducts
once a day ;D

gets your handz to feel good

Greets
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Neil
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Neil
Best stuff I've found for a natural feeling grip is women's facial spritzer spray - it contains a mix of water, glycerine and (usually) alcohol and various other ingredients.
docelk
View Profile
Veteran user
St. Pete, FL
362 Posts

Profile of docelk
Golden Touch Lotion---economical, easy to carry (transfer into small spray bottle, very effective---do a google and order.
Life is a test. It is only a test. If this had been a real life, you would have been given further instructions on where to go, and what to do.
card cheat
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of card cheat
I have found that any cream will penetrate the skin much more efficiently if your hands are exfoliated on a regular basis. As all hands, skin types, and imposing weather conditions vary I cannot possibly say how often anyone should do this. I am sure that, like most things, this could be "over done" and believe that a balance should be sought out. I find that it's most convenient to use a pumice stone with a little soap and water; preferably warm to hot water and while you are washing your hands. This will actually lead to more hand washing... which IS a good thing.

As for a supplement to rememdy dry hands, I employ NaPCa. This additive is available in health food stores; well, most that is. It can be purchased as straight NaPCa, or with Aloe Vera and comes as a spray or as a creme. I personally prefer the regular because I care very little for Aloe. I find that the spray is fantastic and easy to use and carry and literally gives an instant and very gratifying feeling of relief to dry skin and it only gets better with time and continued use. Very reasonably priced to boot.

One more hint that I can give is to go to your local drugstore and buy a pair of cotton gloves. Forget about latex or vinyl, as prolonged exposure can be hindering to proper skin condition. Before bed, or any other manually restful moments, coat your hands well in Vaseline and don the gloves. Be sure to coat your fingertips thoroughly, as this is the largest problem area for we manipulators of cards. I personally pay special attention to every part of my hands, as they are all equally important overall. When you wake, remove the gloves, wash your hands thoroughly, exfoliate, wash again, and apply the NaPCa liberally. You will find that it is only a little thicker than water, and will need to give it a little time to soak in well. It should be noted that you will not get an oily feeling from this product, and that it is all natural. It's intention is to remove moisture from the air and transplant it in your skin, or wherever you put it (we don't wanna know!)

Finally, pony up with the cash and get a manicure. Not only is it incredibly rewarding and theraputic, but it will actually improve your manual dexterity. It may take some time to find a decent manicurist, but the result is well worth the time,money, and overall trouble of the search. Keep the nails short and make them remove the callouses from your hands. Something as minute as clipping the sides of your nails will relieve pressure and increase sensitivity markedly so. I usually do this at least once a week but, again, cannot tell you what is right for you.

I would be interested to hear anyone elses "routine." Why? I dunno....

Cheat
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I use love potion number 9 with very good results.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
This topic comes up over and over but I think Glens tip of haveing a glass of water with ice was ths the coolest I have heard. I do not know about love potion number 9 but it sounds good.

Erdnase talks about this and like most things he seems to have the answer. He talks about the cuticle, which I thought was to do with the nail, but I found out that is a thin layer of skin that covers the whole body. He say a good healthy diet is most important but I wonder what he thought was a good healthy diet. To tell the truth I am putting on weight and so have you got a card guys diet for me.

Tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2005-07-01 11:08, tommy wrote:

I do not know about love potion number 9 but it sounds good.

Tommy

I think he makes it up right there in the sink.

Quote:
On 2005-07-01 11:08, tommy wrote:

To tell the truth I am putting on weight and so have you got a card guys diet for me?

Tommy

Slim Jims and Whiskey.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
3 wonderful Words: CORN HUSKERS LOTION!

Try it and you'll never use anything else. It leaves your hands smooth and workable, but not greasy, with the perfect amount of tack for palming!
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Vandy

I think that is Lester Piggott’s diet: A whisky a Cigar and piece of toast. He is thin but said to have a face is like an unkept grave.

Tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
LOL, yeah I don't know how healthy a diet it is, but it will keep the weight off.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Quote:
On 2005-07-01 06:29, docelk wrote:
Golden Touch Lotion---economical, easy to carry (transfer into small spray bottle, very effective---do a google and order.

I bought some of this from a guy at a convention once. It worked so well, those cards and coins were palming me! Seriously, the first thing I thought was I didn't want to get too used to it, in case I didn't have it with me one day! It does work quite well though...

Chad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Hand Care (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL