The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Psy Chaud (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Hi Guys,

This was recommended to me by a member of the Café, as a way of performing hypno-heat. I was wndering if anyone else had it (it is available in France), and what they thought of it?

Many thanks,

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Looks like I'm the only one! lol. If you have any specific detailed questions you should email me... jessiahproductions@gmail.com

I definatly recommend it! heres the basic effect...

Ask a spectator for their pack of cigs, or have them rip out the foil in the pack for you. Then take the foil and crumple it up into a ball. Put it in there hand and have them close it. Concentrate. The foil begins to heat up to the point that they can barely hold it (REALLY HOT!!!) but they press on... the ball eventually cools to no heat at all! Nothing added or taken away, super clean. Nothing to see, just pure mental heat! 30 euros at Magicdream.fr.
imagealter
View Profile
Regular user
Christopher Griffin
158 Posts

Profile of imagealter
Great, if you know French!
themindreader
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of themindreader
How many performances would you get out of the $30?
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Probably about 100 at least. maybe 200 or more? The idea is to experiment with the amounts and would be something performed maybe for more special events...
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Does it use mercury?
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I always loved the effect but thought this was dangerous for the spectator. Is their a safe method now ?
Thanks
Tophatter
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Mercury??? nope.

The method is safe I think. I was doing it to myself, my brother and sister, and my friends. Sometimes they have noticed that there is a slight residue left on there hands... but its not acid or anything! So no problems I think... what was used before?
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
You already mentioned it. That's why it was dangerous.
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
I am curious about this product for a while, but I am still not sure if some Mercury is use or not in this case!

Jessiah, if the item you use is liquid (sort of water), it still can be Mercury based! How can you be sure about it? Just curious, maybe it is wrote on the package "NO MERCURY"?

I bought from France (not this dealer) some years ago, a supposed new version of this effect and it was a Mercury based clear liquid... In fact, because it was liquid it was more dangerous in a way than the original "Hypno-Heat". Because liquid is more absord by the skin!

Mercury is really dangerous! It is a very vicious at the same time, because you have no real evidence of something wrong? It can take years something for Mercury to do is bad thing...

Hope this one is a new and really SAFE way!

Kuffs

P.S. I learn this from a friend that work with this kind of chemical in lab ...And he say that it's like playing Russian Roulette! ...You never know until it happen!
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Cheers guys,

Like I thought- I would like to know a little more about the possible effects before I start dabbling with this.

I will email them and ask (knew French A-level would come in useful!)

A bientot!

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
No news?

Kuffs
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Well, when I was in Magic Dreams store, Damien Vappereu (spelling?) told me that it was a safer/different version than the last. It is a clear liquid in a clear small plastic bottle with plastic white cap. Its got a small sticker that says not to drink or something... Its very dangerous to drink, or get in your eye, even by rubbing it, but to handle with your fresh is all right. Just wash your hands... but I don't think I ever specified "does this contain murcury". I could always ask him, but so could you guys. They have someone that speaks english at the store... I don't really perform this effect much at all... but maybe if I ever perform, I could definatly use this in some crazy closeup acts!!!!
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Can I send a sample to your bio buddy, lol, and he could find out what the chemical is? Then I could get a refill...
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
I asked if it contains mercury - he confirms it does! Not sure if its any safer though.Jessiah, any problems with it?

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

No problems... I'm not using it really, its sort of just in my collection. The fluid should last for ever! there is a ton of it, judging by the amount you need to perform with. It requires putting a dime size drop on your finger tip, and then applying it to the foil once its balled up.

if its mercury, then its very dangerous, but I just don't know. I guess it could soak into your skin and cause problems down the road, but I don't worry about that sort of thing. I would probably only use this effect a couple of times a year at most, so I think ill be safe. Smile I DEFINITELY recommend this effect. Its killer! if anyone has any questions, just let me know... I think Im one of the only owners here... later -Jesse F.
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Jessiah, please do a search on long term effects of absorbtion of mercury even at low levels - just trying to look after you brother! This used to be sold as hypno heat and was withdrawn because it is far too dangerous. There is another method using cinnamon chewing gum that is 100% unquestionably safe. It's on a site somewhere - can't remember where.

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
I think its on the Café, actually. Remeber seeing it somewhere.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

The cinnamon method would not be as strong as PSY CHAUD. at least I think, I guess I would need to test it out! anyone know the link? it might have been in the secrets section...?

I will hold off on any performances... I don't want to mess with the death fluid until we know what it is for sure. Do you guys know if I could get a test strip kinda thing to figure out the chemical? like a ph strip for mercury... -Jesse
PAN
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of PAN
That stuff used to be commercially available as a gopher poison, but not available in the USA anymore. My dad used to do this all the time. Won quite a few free drinks with it. But he developed cancer in his 50's as well. So......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Psy Chaud (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL