The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Vegas anyone, Rock anyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
So tomorrow is the vegas rocks 100 years celebration with the red hot chilli peppers and weezer.SOLD OUT SHOW!

I am going to be there a great deal of the day getting a good spot on line. I am just dying for tomorrow.

Eitherway I have TWO SPARE TICKETS! If you live in vegas and you are interested you can have em FOR FREE!

My friend bailed out on me so it is useless to own the tickets since I will throw em away. If you live here drop me a line....you could probably have em.
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Fforunately there is a much bigger concert(s)than just the Chillis going down in the UK..on radio and tv

try looking at Live8 ...weve got "everyone who is anyone" at the different venues.

http://www.bbc.co.uk

Opened up with "Macca" singing Sgt Pepper first time ever since making the Album

can't really top that.

Howard
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
The Peppers put on a GREAT show....though when Anthony Kedis cut his hair....they changed for the worse.

People...friends don't let friends get haircuts!
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Scott...these concerts were not requesting money or donations..tickets were free in UK..it was about shaming the Leaders into doing something.

Howard
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Poverty is not just a simple financial problem, as people who put on these feel-good concerts seem to think. At its root, it's a problem of a philosophical nature. The obstacles to wealth must be removed.

The countries in the G8 are in the G8 because they have fewer obstacles to wealth than most other countries.

What are the G8 countries supposed to do? Send more money? I don't think the African governments who are ruining their countries need any more money in their Swiss bank accounts.

Perhaps they should vote people like Robert Mugabe out? Great idea, and people like Mugabe would listen because . . . ?

Maybe instead of proposing solutions that simply sound right, and make people feel good, it would be better to stop, think and analyze what really needs to be done.

50 years ago, if I'd proposed some feel-good concert to eliminate poverty in Japan, I might have received a response similar to that of Live 8 (maybe not on the same scale, but still). If I made that same proposal today, I'd be laughed at, because Japan is one of the wealthiest countries in the world today. Maybe, just maybe, there's a lesson in there about what it takes to legitimately battle poverty.

At least, I think it's worth studying.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Vegas anyone, Rock anyone? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL